MAG American Cup!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Anyone else really excited to see how it goes for John Orozco and Danell Leyva? I wish we could be there in person but . . . of course we will be at a meet (for the girl this time -- the boy goes again next week).

We were going for Danell, Jordyn & Aly...and guess who won? Danell and Jordyn!!! Daniel Purvis was pretty good too - I know his cousin. But I'm supposed to be rooting for the U.S. gymnasts, right? ;)

Everyone notice that Gabby Douglas actually "beat" Aly and Jordyn? Think Marta was trying to send a message by having her perform exhibition routines, that everyone better step up their game?!

Everyone notice that Gabby Douglas actually "beat" Aly and Jordyn? Think Marta was trying to send a message by having her perform exhibition routines, that everyone better step up their game?!

Yep, thought she was great and my 8 year old daughter loves watching her.

I LOVED that the nbc coverage said that Gabby's score was higher and showed two of her routines.

She looked great. The fight for Olympic spots is going to be fierce. I hope people don't get hurt practicing hard for Olympic trials.

We were there. Gabby's bar routine was fantastic. Too bad, NBC didn't broadcast her bar routine.

We were there too and Douglas has definitely made her case to Marta as an All Arounder to be reckoned with...her bar routine was gorgeous, her lines, her toe point...she has a 6.5 difficulty and is planning 4-5 tenths more in upgrades!! How can they not take her? US girls all did Amanars...Aly and Jordyn tied score-wise but I thought it was Jordyn , Gaby and then Aly on the vault (as Aly had more form breaks) .. Gaby "won" bars and beam and the AA ...her beam was another joy to behold..Marta had to be pinching herself. That she's only been at Chow's for about a year and that he's brought her to the top of the heap is amazing. She was always pretty decent at Excalibur but nothing like she is now...she is just stunning.

We watched the men's competition but unfortunately I didn't pay as close attention..I do remember Leyva's high bar routine as being particularly packed with stuff and he did look good. Orozco was decent with some mistakes but Chris Brooks looked really good...if he had been in the actual competition, he would have finished 3rd! So I guess the exhibitioners did quite well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back