WAG Another Leo Fit Question...tight vs. loose?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Baggy can look sloppy and that could cost points???? I think any way.

Sometimes and adult small fits better then say a child large. Arm length, torso length all important to fit.

Mostly I just pray I get 2 yrs out of them competition one, at those prices :eek:

Comp leos are supposed to be snug. DD got an AXS for hers. She can wear AXS and AS for practice. They just want the leos "decent" for practice. A lot of girls wear bar shorts anyway.

Torso length is very important, IME. DD for height and weight would wear a much smaller leo, but her torso is longish, which pushed her size up.

Dd wears a 6x/7 (Dreamlight) to practice or a CM, but some CS still fit. Her comp Leo is a Dreamlight 4-6. It fits a bit more snug but not too tight. HC definitely wants them to fit snug with no wrinkles (but all the little girls have wrinkles in theirs)

Comp leos are supposed to be snug. DD got an AXS for hers. She can wear AXS and AS for practice. They just want the leos "decent" for practice. A lot of girls wear bar shorts anyway.

Torso length is very important, IME. DD for height and weight would wear a much smaller leo, but her torso is longish, which pushed her size up.
Torso length is always our deciding factor...

I heard Tom Koll speak to this topic in a clinic once...if it's too large (and of course we parents want it to have growing room) and shows wrinkles in the back, some judges might use that as a sign of poor form (archy back) even if it's not. Food for thought.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back