Anon Another Powers gym post…

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (0c41)

It’s official, Capital in Texas is forcing all their level 8+ girls to switch to daytime training this fall. Losing several talented upper level girls whose families either can’t accommodate that due to work, and girls who don’t want to leave normal school.

I’m curious if any other gyms do this?? It’s sad when girls who are in high school who have been at a gym since they were little are forced out. :(

I suspect the move might be financially influenced as team often doesn't make as much money for a gym as rec. DP8+ occupy a lot of resources and room, during the day they have less demands for the same space. Rec is not going to be well attended during school hours and has to be after school.

Oh it’s 10000% financially influenced if it’s a Powers owned gym. The last few D1 commits from Capital all went to regular school / evening training hours, so it has nothing to do with not being able to get sufficient training.

It’s official, Capital in Texas is forcing all their level 8+ girls to switch to daytime training this fall. Losing several talented upper level girls whose families either can’t accommodate that due to work, and girls who don’t want to leave normal school.

I’m curious if any other gyms do this?? It’s sad when girls who are in high school who have been at a gym since they were little are forced out. :(
I'm not at a Powers gym, but I'm pretty sure they did the same thing at Bull City in NC. I think they got rid of the evening optionals groups sometime last year. I hate that for anyone affected. Makes me glad that our daughter's time as club gymnast are winding down. Only 2 more seasons to make it through!

That’s unfortunate to hear. Last minute changes happening at the Round Rock location as well. Powers is only about the money.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back