Any other gyms have this rule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I dont know i think its kind of a stupid rule but..ill tell you..haha.

my gym is weird. so i joined in January, started in level 1 of course & then after it was over we get 'report cards' & it said i was qualified for Level 3 Pre Team. so i was like..cool.! i do gymnastics at the YMCA & well. the people there suck. they do NOT know any information about gymnastics. & me & my friend signed up THE WEEK IT STARTED. because we had no clue when it started..........off topic. anyways. they said that we have to be in Level 3 to be able to move up to Pre Team....am i the only one confused? I mean, if I was already qualified shouldn't I be able to go? Do any of your gyms have this rule? also, for example, if I didn't pass Level 3 now, would I still have to be in it? Even if I was technically qualified for Pre Team way before?

Bonus question [haha];
So, some/most of you on here have probably been in a parade for gymnastics. Weelll..when were in pre team we get to be in the parade, which is pretty cool. but. what exactly do we do? like i have seen cheerleaders in parades & they do flips & handsprings. but what do the GYMNASTS do? do we do any little stunts, or just walk? -.-

Sorry for so many questions!!:)

Last edited:
Not sure my gym doesn't have pre team it's team at level 1 and rec before hand..... i live in AUS though.... but as for the parade i have never been in one but have seen some, you will do flips probably cartwheels or bhs' if you can do them ect, also dance will be in it :)

I used to go to the YMCA too and it was the same rule. I don't really understand what you're confused about lol. At my old one it went level 1,2,3, preteam, then level 4-9 is competitive. :)

I would just show the coach your report card that said you were qualified for level 3 pre-team, ask what it means, and why you are now being told you need to pass level 3 before being considered pre-team. Maybe they just aren't aware of what the coach wrote on your report card, or maybe skipping a level is something that happens so infrequently that they aren't really sure what to do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back