any problem with sisters in the same class??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 2 older girls are now 18 and 17 and they decided that they wanted to do cheerleading. It was a great choice for them because they did club and school and really made the most of it and are really involved in their schools. The oldest just got a full ride to college and the other one is a senior. They would have done well if they stayed in JO too but we have always let our kids make thier own choices. We moved out of state when they where in 5th and 6th grade to my dd's current gym and it was a lot for them to adjust to. Cheer was a way for them to make friends and they really loved it. It kind of took off from there. My oldest was considering cheering in college but has decided to wait and see how she handles her pre-med program in college.

I have three boys. 9 yo Level 5, 12 yo Level 7 (advanced optionals this year), 14 yo Level 4.

My oldest and middle son started gym at the same time. My middle son progressed faster than my older son. My older son left gym to pursue other sports. My older son has stopped and started gym a couple of times. I think at the time he was disappointed he was not as good as his younger brother. There is only 20 months between them in age.

In the meantime my youngest son started and progressed a level a year.

My older son has returned to gym this year having developed muscles everywhere and is now doing really well. He has picked things up really quickly.

I now have my 9yo and 12 yo in the same class I coach on a Saturday. I thought this would cause problems, but it hasn't. My 14 yo and 9yo are in the same class on a Thursday but in different groups, usually.

I think the rivalry between the brothers decreased as they got older. I think my 12 yo at times has worked harder after realising his 9yo brother is catching up with him. I think the 14 yo works harder to get a skill knowing his 9yo brother can do the skill. I suspect there would be more competition between them if any of them were in the same level.

We have a set of twins in our club which I have coached. There seems to be no rivalry between them at all. It was sad to see one twin win a medal at comp and the other get nothing. That was really hard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back