Coaches Appreciation for all coaches!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just want to start this off by saying I'm sorry for posting in this forum as I'm not a coach but here we go.
A SUPER BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE AMAZING COACHES OUT THERE!!
We may not tell you, but we really appreciate what you do for us! Thank you for being a consistent support pillar for us and working through skills, injuries, mental blocks and everything else with us.

I just wanted to put this out here b/c we just got a new coach, and they're simply AWESOME. They've brought my confidence back, and as someone who constantly thinks I'm not a good enough gymnast, their words tell me otherwise and I can't express how much that means to me.

Once again, thank you soooo muchh!

(PS: ik i should probably go upto coaches and tell them this but I somehow don't express what I think to people so..)

Write them a note! I love all of the sincere thank you notes I've gotten. It's my favorite gift by far. I stepped down from coaching - first team, then everything - to focus on my family and I cried so much reading the thank you notes I got at the end of my last season.

Write them a note! I love all of the sincere thank you notes I've gotten. It's my favorite gift by far. I stepped down from coaching - first team, then everything - to focus on my family and I cried so much reading the thank you notes I got at the end of my last season.
Good idea! But they aren't leaving yet ..
(I know I shouldve done this when one of my other coaches left though)

This is just lovely to read and so true. Gymnastics coaching seems like a fun job, but it’s also a hard job.

Gymnastics coaches get paid very little, many don’t have a lot of benefits, a lot do this as a 2nd job. They work long hours, late nights and weekends every night and week of the year. They sacrifice time with their families, hobbies, friends etc to work and attend comps that fit in with their students hours.

They put their own bodies on the line and risk their own health to spot and catch their gymnasts. They spend countless hours outside work designing drills, lesson plans, training programs, routines etc for their gymnasts and they never switch off. They do lie awake in bed at night pondering how to help their gymnasts achieve their goals.

It can be heartbreaking as well, to see gymnasts they have raised get an injury or head to another gym, where they feel the grass is greener. But they have to pick themselves up and keep going.

Lucky it’s also one of the most amazing jobs in the world too!

'ik i should probably go upto coaches and tell them'
You're right, you should! :) You guys have no idea how much a word of thanks here and there can mean to us. Aussie_Coach summed it up nicely. Over the years I've collected quite a few trophies and awards, but some of my most valued gymnastics memorabilia is a stack of cards and letters I've received from gymnasts and their parents. Thanks.

Absolutely, coaches are like unsung heroes who lead us through tough times and push us to improve. A skilled coach can do wonders by boosting our confidence and giving us the drive to succeed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back