Arm strength problem

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Over the summer, I hurt my back. I couldn't do gym for a month in a half.I couldn't do much of anything, so I did very basic conditioning. So when I had my first practice since I hurt my back today, I realized bars was very hard for me. I just moved up to level 5 so we did a lot of kips and stuff. Normally, I have a very nice straight arm kip, but I can only do like 3 good ones, and then they just get worse and worse until I'm so tired I can barely even make one. This has never been a problem for me. And later when we did conditioning we did pull ups, I could barely do 2 while everyone was doing sets of 10 easily. I'm really getting scared. At home I do extra arms just to get the strength back, but it's not working. I need some ways to get my arm strength back. Please help!

It happens with injuries, just be patient and take the time to slowly get your strength and skills back. You said you had a back injury, did you work with a physical therapist at all? Those kinds of injuries aren't anything to mess around with and if you did work with a PT, I'm sure they would be willing to put together a plan to help you gradually work your way back into training.

Are you sure the problem is arms and not abs? I agree about seeing a physiotherapist, who will be able to recommend specific exercises.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back