Athlete's Foot Anyone??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My little girl (level 5) has athlete's foot. We belong to a new gym with new (young) coaches. As of now they are letting me keep her toe treated and she wears socks but she isn't allowed to practice beam because of the socks. What is the protocol at other gyms? Any advice on how to treat the athlete's foot? Should I buy gymnastics shoes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. PS...I contacted the pediatrician and he said just to treat with Tinactin :confused:

Yep, Alex has had athletes foot a couple of times! Tinactin is the answer! I asked about the shoes but Alex said she would not wear them!! (preteen thing). It is very common for gymnasts.

use the tinactin and don't be concerned about it. athletes foot is the least of the foot problems that coaches think about.:)

It's very common. I have gotten it from gym. I used some OTC spray that cleared it up and I also learned that you can spray your feet before or after practice to actually prevent it and so far it has worked. It really isn;t a big deal.

I suppose you could get her some beam shoes for beam if the coach has an issue with it. Some mild cases clear quick but it can a take a few weeks to clear up completely and that seems kind of long to just not do beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back