WAG Athletic Therapist or Physiotherapist??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

DND

Proud Parent
My DD is having some hip flexor pain and I have made an appointment to see the doctor as no relief after restricted training for past month. She tried her front walk over on beam yesterday and still hurt her so she stopped again.

Seeing as we can't get in until mid-October I may be able to get her into a Physio or Athletic Therapist earlier, but I do not understand the difference between the two or if one is better to see as a gymnast over the other.

Thoughts??

As a gymnast I had so many injuries (sprains, fractures, pulled muscle... overuse injuries). In the gym I was the gymnast who was always injured (you know every gym has one!). I always went to see a physio. I'm convinced they prevented me from having after-effects now, cause some of these injuries were that serious. I don't really know about athletic therapist, but for physic you can be sure they have good training as they have to go to university. I know there are some sports physio, the one I saw was one of them. A good one we'll be able to give you some exercises to do at home to get better and prevent future problems.

This page could help you find one: Finding a Physiotherapist - Canadian Physiotherapy Association

I'd never heard of athletic therapists, I don't think we have them here. I can highly recommend St. John neuromuscular therapy, though. It's done wonders for my DD.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back