Parents Average Entrance Fee?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dh is in the trophy/plaque business. If you are buying a large amount, The medals/ribbons don't cost much at all. The trophies cost more but are still pretty cheap. Does not account for the large fees. The biggest expenses for the big meets are the venue rents, the judges pay/room/board, and equipment rental. Of course, the host gym is getting a pretty nice profit from the fees as well...

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Our booster club hosts one meet a year, our gym hosts another and we frequently host a third together. And the venue is by FAR the most expensive part of it. Those meets in nice location are expensive for the hosts to rent. So, yes, entrance fees for locations like that are going to be more. And I know of very few clubs that would host a nice meet if they weren't going to make a good profit. It's a LOT of work and we spent weeks preparing for it.

I'd say the average invite admission fee is $15+ now. Yes...very expensive...not a good family outing.

I'm probably a bit high on that average...that's probably an average of the really big invites. Probably more like $10 for the typical invites.

I guess this is a pretty big meet and Mckayla will be at the after party (which will cost another $25 per person). Also, there is a college women's and men's session. I guess it is possible these may have influenced the price a bit ;)

My daughter came into the season late so isn't going to compete at this one, but we had planned on going to watch since she will be competing at the next. I was just shocked it was so expensive, especially since normally we would also have $50 meet fee. K would get in free if she was competing though.

Local meets around here are about $5-$7. The large travel meet we go to is $25 for the day I think, but it might be per session. I can't remember now :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back