Back Pain HELP!!! :'(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a gymnast and I landed off of the double mini tramp with my back arched and when I did this excrutiating pain was sent up my back. Ive been dealing with this for quite a while and I'm getting tired of having to say no to some activities with my friends because my back is hurting, I want my life back. The pain is in the lower part of my back and it hurts directly on the spine. It hurts all the time now. I made the mistake trying to lift 45 pounds yesterday(which is me trying to be careful) and i fell to the ground because my back couldn't handle the extra weight. My friends are getting worried and my parents wont do anything about it, please help me! I want my life back!

Oh and by the way sorry if i spelled things wrong!

Please help!
Thanks!

Go to a doctor! We can't help you here. Also, tell your coach! You can't keep practicing if your in pain, it'll only make it worse. I'm sure your parents will listen and take you to a doctor if you explain how much pain your in.

Tell your parents exactly what you wrote here. They want what's best for you and just need to know exactly what's going on and how bad you're hurting. If that really doesn't work, tell your coach and have him/her talk with your parents. You need to see a doctor to figure out exactly what is going on and a plan to treat it.
In the meantime, stay out of the gym- no conditioning, no lifting, no nothing. There is no reason why you need to risk further injury.

emancipation sounds in order here...is this the same kid whose parents don't act? no health insurance?? etc; geesh.

Go to the emergency room at the hospital, they are obliged to see you no matter what. Your parents will show up when they get called by the social services.

You literally could be walking around with a broken back, go and get medical help ASAP. DO not do anything using your back until you have this examined and xrayed.

Similar thing happened to my DD. I took her to the orthopedist & he did x-rays to make sure she did not fracture her back. Basically she pulled the muscles in her lower back & up her spine. She did physical therapy for 6 weeks, and still continues to work on her exercises at home. If it is just muscle, it will take time to get back to 100%. My DD got hurt in May and is almost at 100% now. Good luck and let us know what the doc says.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back