Backwards block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I Know that I should just let go and go backwards and I keep telling myself jsut do it. and it gets worse. What should I do?! I'm old for starting gymnastics and I really want. And I can't have anything slow up my progress.

well for a start, the kickover took me a while to get, maybe you should try doing it on some mats or something. Just to get your confidence to kickover. I started it by doing it on my bed, then on a stool, then on a bin, then on the floor. Don't worry, I have a mat that I did it onto. Just try and get a squishy surface if you are scared. Then slowly build up to the floor, and just go for it. Remember to kick very hard with your second leg. I was scared of going backwards and I tried doing a back tuck into the pit with spot, and now I'm the person doing backhandsprings on the trampoline when my coaches eyes are like 8o
Oh, and think "It's just the same as going forwards! Its wierd at first, but what isn't about gymnastics?"

well for a start, the kickover took me a while to get, maybe you should try doing it on some mats or something. Just to get your confidence to kickover. I started it by doing it on my bed, then on a stool, then on a bin, then on the floor. Don't worry, I have a mat that I did it onto. Just try and get a squishy surface if you are scared. Then slowly build up to the floor, and just go for it. Remember to kick very hard with your second leg. I was scared of going backwards and I tried doing a back tuck into the pit with spot, and now I'm the person doing backhandsprings on the trampoline when my coaches eyes are like 8o
Oh, and think "It's just the same as going forwards! Its wierd at first, but what isn't about gymnastics?"
Thanks! I will try that!! best answer yet! I've watched youtube and they didnt help much. so I will go with what you said and what the coach helps me with :)) Much appreciated

umm yeah not that easy... it got worse i can barely make it half way back anymore i used to go down and now i wont
haha it was a joke i wasnt gunna comment at all then i noticed the lil green things under our names and wanted to post so i could see what mine was bhahah :p goodluck :)

Get a spot.

Then when you don't need to do one don't do one. :) (from experience)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back