Parents Balance activities?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

barcrawler

Proud Parent
I'm looking for home activities that might help my DD with the beam. (Without buying a beam for the house). She's in rec and they only do the beam for about 15 minutes at a time, 4 times per month. Last time, it seemed like she just kept falling off constantly. (working on walks, jumps, and arabesques.)

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. We do a lot of activities that help with upper body strength just for fun that seem to help her excel on the bars. (For example, she can do the monkey bars at the park and swing on the other bars there hours just for play, and my husband takes her indoor rock climbing with him).

So any suggestions for something fun to do that would help her with her balance on the beam?

Thanks!

DO different activities while walking on a line. Just walk, then walk on tip toes, hop ect all while staying on a thin line. Walking on curbs is great too!

Hay I'm new to this and I bought my D (8) but she does comps, a beam if she's rec I'd wait a little while before buying one I did and my D isn't on it as much because they don't always use the beam in gym and also I think she's gravitating towards pieces she likes more and wants to train more on,
If you still think yea I'll get it I'd get a folding one easy to put away and easy for your daughter to use. All the suggestions I've seen ladies I'll be using myself lol haha there great ideas I never thought of them before I'd have said money lol.. Thinking back I should have waited till she was more settled on the beam

Hope my comment helped a little have a nice day x

Thanks all! We'll give these a try. I'm going to try and make it fun for us to do together, so maybe my balance will improve too (although I won't be getting on a beam...ever).

Haha I said that had a little go and realised how hard it was and appreciated my daughter giving it a go lol it is fun when you can make it a game she will enjoy learning. Still look into getting one if YOU feel it will be benificial to her. As sometimes kids can nag for what there mates have but not what they really need.

Hope it goes well and you both have fun keep us posted

X

Yoga is a great activity for practicing balance. There are some good children's yoga videos out there. They seem to be geared toward the younger age set, but even my 8 year old boy will do them with me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back