Coaches Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coachmae

Coach
How to fix hand placement on BWO and BHS, some of my girls are not doing it the correct way. Other than telling them to fix it, how can I correct it?

Here's what I would do: Take the issue to the floor and spot slow-motion BWO and BHS. Once they can do it on there, have them work their way back up.

Thank you! I've done this with the girls and a few have responded so well. Others are testing me because they know I don't have the authority to take it out of their routine. It's a very trying time.

How do they place their hands? Is it a flexibility issue. I have my kids do regular bridges and Hershey kiss bridges on floor. The Hershey kiss bridge requires more shoulder flexibility. Its basically a bridge with their hands close with their thumbs and pointer fingers touching.

Flexibility is a big issue for a two of them. I did convince my HC to change one back to a cartwheel, for that issue.
But I think it is pure habit for the girls now, the current coach put them straight in high beam with an 8" on top of it.

The worst part of this is the girl with the best, most controlled back walkover is dealing with many mental blocks and won't even attempt it on the beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back