Been out of touch...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
Its been a crazy year and I haven't been online for sometime, but as "normal" is in sight I wanted to touch base and catch up with the many great friends I have made here who have always offered so much support.

DD is starting back training in gym now after having surgery on her hip and she is taking it one step at a time. She grew three sizes in her time off and looks like she has legs for miles now! While not training she was able to volunteer and has taken her respect in sport and loves coaching the little ones. No matter how it goes she will end up in the gym one way or another.

Ironically I landed a job at DD's gym as the club administrator so now the hours spent there are productive in a very different way. It has been a whirlwind learning curve, but I love every minute of it. I have had a crash course in the technical side of gymnastics, but as we are just switching to JO I am just like everyone else except of all the things I picked up here along the way made it a bit easier for me.

The pleasure of seeing kids everyday doing what they love, getting grants, assisting the board with fundraising and just ensuring that we can do everything possible for our kids and families is amazing.

We host our annual meet this weekend with almost 400 kids registered and I think it will be great. Good luck to all who are starting the comp season and I hope to catch up with you soon!

I see I have some heavy reading on the board to catch up on as well!!

Its been a crazy year and I haven't been online for sometime, but as "normal" is in sight I wanted to touch base and catch up with the many great friends I have made here who have always offered so much support.

DD is starting back training in gym now after having surgery on her hip and she is taking it one step at a time. She grew three sizes in her time off and looks like she has legs for miles now! While not training she was able to volunteer and has taken her respect in sport and loves coaching the little ones. No matter how it goes she will end up in the gym one way or another.

Ironically I landed a job at DD's gym as the club administrator so now the hours spent there are productive in a very different way. It has been a whirlwind learning curve, but I love every minute of it. I have had a crash course in the technical side of gymnastics, but as we are just switching to JO I am just like everyone else except of all the things I picked up here along the way made it a bit easier for me.

The pleasure of seeing kids everyday doing what they love, getting grants, assisting the board with fundraising and just ensuring that we can do everything possible for our kids and families is amazing.

We host our annual meet this weekend with almost 400 kids registered and I think it will be great. Good luck to all who are starting the comp season and I hope to catch up with you soon!

I see I have some heavy reading on the board to catch up on as well!!

So nice to see you back!!

Sorry to hear about dd setbacks with surgery but hopefully she is on the mend and quick to heal! How long was she off? It feels like a full year maybe?

I love that you are even more involved with the gym since she was out.

It's my dd goal to start coach training this year too since she has finally turned 12. We are on the edge of competition season and trying so hard to keep those growth related injuries at bay. She pulled back from Novice and is doing level 10. Happier with less stress and better to deal with ongoing pains.

Anyway like i said nice to "see" you, keep us in the loop with dd.

P.s. if she got another phone or iPod, pm me because i bet dd would love to reconnect.

So nice to see you back!!

Sorry to hear about dd setbacks with surgery but hopefully she is on the mend and quick to heal! How long was she off? It feels like a full year maybe?

I love that you are even more involved with the gym since she was out.

It's my dd goal to start coach training this year too since she has finally turned 12. We are on the edge of competition season and trying so hard to keep those growth related injuries at bay. She pulled back from Novice and is doing level 10. Happier with less stress and better to deal with ongoing pains.

Anyway like i said nice to "see" you, keep us in the loop with dd.

P.s. if she got another phone or iPod, pm me because i bet dd would love to reconnect.
Thanks and great to hear from you. DD did get a phone, but your inbox is full! I told her and she would love to hear from A.

We are just starting full training so I think she will try and get a spot on Level 9 so she can still go to Nationals, but take it slowly. The growth spurt has her relearning many of the basics more so on bars. They say its the challenges that make us stronger and the fact she still loves and wants to be in the gym is the true sign that she truly loves the sport and that is fine by me!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back