Parents Beth update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Didn't get a chance to update last week--working too much!
Beth had an ortho appt Monday and got her splint off. Got to see the pin actually sticking out of her foot--so weird! She got a cast on to protect it a little more--but it's healing very well ("textbook" according to the doctor). She gets the cast off this Wednesday. Still planning for her first meet to be Chicago. Fingers crossed that doesn't get pushed back!

Oh--I forgot to add--the girl is doing giants now with her cast! Sure, the giant itself doesn't require putting pressure on the foot (she's non-weight bearing still), but what if she falls?? She was doing handstands before that too--I asked her what she was going to do if she fell out of the handstand. Her response "I didn't think I'd fall." Nice to have confidence, but sheesh!

Sounds like she is doing great! Beetle begged and begged to do giants with her walking boot. But the coaches said no for your reason.. what if you fall! She also said.. 'I have been doing giants for 5 years.. I am not going to fall!.. So they let her go on Pit bar and work out finally.. I was still a wreck.. everytime her feet went above her head I was sure she was going to fall and reinjure herself! LOL..

Is she going to compete L8 in Chicago? Then move to L9 after that?

i glad ot here she is healing well!!!!! one girl at my gym broke facture and sprainrd part of her leg an after like 2 out of her three weeks in her cast she was doing giants on pit bar.and tap swings.she didnt do anything on low bar in case she fell like on a cast handstand.!lol. i hope she keeps healing well

Sounds like she is doing great! Beetle begged and begged to do giants with her walking boot. But the coaches said no for your reason.. what if you fall! She also said.. 'I have been doing giants for 5 years.. I am not going to fall!.. So they let her go on Pit bar and work out finally.. I was still a wreck.. everytime her feet went above her head I was sure she was going to fall and reinjure herself! LOL..

Is she going to compete L8 in Chicago? Then move to L9 after that?

That's sort of the plan. Really depends on whether she gets her skills back quickly or not. Her coach still wants her to do 9 this year.

SO glad that Beth is a text book case and that she is managing to stay in shape whilst healing so well. When is the Chicago meet?

Yay! So glad she is healing well and following the normal course for healing! Giants with a cast would scare me, too. LOL. These girls never cease to amaze me. :) Hoping she gets all her skills back quickly and recovers fully from her injury so she can enjoy this season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back