Parents Big Changes for Trixie - Move to L6!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Trixiebelle

Proud Parent
Title says it all... Trixie had asked to move to L6 the summer but the HC told her to wait and see how the first few meets went. Apparently well enough! Trixie's bar coach approached me a few weeks ago to see how I'd feel about the move and I thought it would be good for her - more hours in the gym (what she wants) and a chance to train on some moves she learned this past summer.

So last night the HC pulled her aside after practice and told her they are ready to move her to L6! She will compete her next meet at a L5 as she was already registered as that, but will begin training with the 6's on Monday.

Her adjustment to grips has been good - she can do her routine but her arms are not always straight on the kips. This is her first full week of practice with them and she loves them!

So lots of big changes for Trixie. She is over the moon with happiness - this is something she has wanted since July and has been a big focus of hers. She was determined to show her coaches what she has learned and it looks like they agree.

Mom to Trixiebelle

thats great news. Way to go Trixie. I hope her all the best in her new L6

Good for her :) hope she enjoys her last L5 and then it's off to L6. Do they compete in the same season or are they different time of the year?

Same season. Her last L5 is on Dec 18th (Christmas City Classic) and it is so much fun. Her coach didn't want her to miss it but registered her at the beginning of the season as a 5 and couldn't change it at this short notice. Her first L6 will be January 8th. She'll have 4 more meets before states.

The good news is that she has the beam and bar routine down. Vault is the same - but she needs to work on that no matter what level. She has the floor skills - front tuck, ROBHSBT, and the 2 FHS and now needs to work on putting that into the routine with everything else!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back