WAG Big Jump

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And I'm still not sure why in the world this question is posted in THIS forum because it has absolutely nothing to do with the new USAG JO program!

And I'm still not sure why in the world this question is posted in THIS forum because it has absolutely nothing to do with the new USAG JO program!

Well our new rules in Ontario are based on the US JO program so I guess she was looking for a broader opinion of the level requirements since they are so similar.

And I did find the info where it says athletes can start this season at any level regardless of where they were last year. I did not see anything new about switching levels part way through the season though.

And I did find the info where it says athletes can start this season at any level regardless of where they were last year. I did not see anything new about switching levels part way through the season though.
I got that from GO's website (last year's rules/regs). Essentially it would allow you to move up a level after, say for example, your first meet, as long as you could get your required meets in to compete at the higher level. I've personally never seen it, but I'm sure it happens. Gymlover, I forgot to mention that the mandatory mobility rules wouldn't apply if you are 14+..... not sure if that applies to you.

Well our new rules in Ontario are based on the US JO program so I guess she was looking for a broader opinion of the level requirements since they are so similar.

But is there mobility for the canadian system because the usa system definitely has mobility between levels. I guess you're right that until the gymnast explains why she is wanting to compete L8 with L5/6 skills, everything is just really confusing and murky.

? In previous years (including the one just over) mandatory mobility rules only applied to the top few competitors at each level. So you don't have to consider that if you weren't one of those. For Level 5, it is the top 8, and the only requirement there is that they MUST move up, it doesn't specify/limit only the next level.
hmm..... That's an interesting way of doing it. What if you have a very string commodore who had a lot of fears with the next level skills? Does it mean they can't compete until they are ready for that next level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back