Parents Big/Little Sisters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

alsmom

Proud Parent
DD just found out her gym 'Big Sister' is. The girls are supposed to exchange card before each meets to wish one another good luck. I want DD to do something special for her big sister...any ideas?

Thats' such a sweet idea, I love it! Our gym is small so we've never done this! Can she buy her a gymnastics pin, or bring her a snack during practice? I'm sure drawing a picture would be a nice gesture as well!

We have that in our gym as well - My DD is the big sister. They don't have to be expensive things, or store bought things.
A homemade card is great with well wishes. When my DD went to a clinic recently her little sister made her a card and a made her a pen with a duct tape rose on top. My DD loved it. Of course my DD is a duct tape junkie LOL. For her little sister she made her an origami folded note and made her a bracelet (my DD is crafty and makes jewelry).

Spend some time at the Dollar Store - they have some little trinkets that these kids love. Also the clearance aisle at your local Craft Store like Michael's is a good place to fish through. Lots of little craft kits for a buck or two.

Not sure if they still have those gymnastics note cards and journals at Michaels? They say "confidence" on them. It would be sweet to give her a journal and write a nice note on the inside cover. Or a little thing of hairspray with a tag that says "stick it"?

My daughter's gym does this, too. They actually have a big sister/little sister social event going on tonight. My daughter was at the mall earlier spending some birthday gift cards and picked up a big sister/little sister necklace set to share with her big sister tonight. It was only a few dollars, so nothing major. Of course, this isn't supposed to be about giving/getting stuff and her gym has made that very clear. Some other things she does is make cute signs/collages for her big sister's locker, bring her a special treat like her favorite candy, draw her pictures, make her rainbow loom bracelets, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back