Parents Bob haircut at meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter wants a bob haircut which I think will be cute and easy to maintain. If your gymnast has a bob could you show their meet hairdo? My partner thinks it will be a problem for meets, and I want to show that it's possible to do a cute meet hairdo with short hair.
Also open to being told that you did this and it was too difficult!
Picture of current hair for reference.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpeg
    IMG_1290.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
This is what we had to resort to after a slightly too drastic hair cut. This was my first attempt, so not terribly tidy, but it is the only picture that I have of the top of her hair. In case it doesn't show, I divided the front section of her hair in to three parts and made little pony tails in those (note: the picture shows 5 sections, but three is better, less work). I then parted the next section into 4, made pony tails into those and added half of each front row pony tails to the second row. Then a third row with either three or five pony tails and splitting the previous row again. The last time we did it her hair had grown long enough again that I finished it with a row of three and ended with a small plait. It looks really cute (when done tidily...)

1686520558584.png

My daughter went from hair well past her waist to a short bob. It was the easiest to do her last year!! She either just pulled the top back with a small elastic or sometimes did a little braid on the top. No pain, no figuring out which side to put it as to not get in the way, no headdaches, no huge bag of supplies :).
bob.jpg

Attachments

• bobb.jpg
    bobb.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 33
My daughter wanted to do the chop and we let her. We may decide to do cornrows, in the front at least, come competition season...

We have a few girls who prefer shorter hair, and their moms also use hairpins and hair nets to gather all the hair in a single bun and cover it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back