Parents Brag time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We did end up enrolling our daughter in Parizi Speed School to help with her vault. Well last night was her evaluation to determine where she should be placed. During her evaluation she was asked to do as many pull ups as she could and my little 7 year old busted out 10 like it was nothing. Everybody in the gym stopped what they were doing and gave her a standing Ovation including former Oriole pitcher John Parrish. He came over and said "wow that girl is an athlete" Its funny to watch non-gymnast athletes gawk over how in shape our gym kids are. It felt great! I feel a blog coming on!

Dennis
gymdad.blogspot.com

Cute story. My DD loves to show off her strength beating all the neighborhood boys at push ups and pull ups. :)

LOL! My oldest DD loved it in gym class when they did the rope climb--most of the boys couldn't even make it up the rope--she did it with using her arms only!

My son is very proud of the fact that no-one in his year level at school can beat him in an arm wrestle.

His class also thought it was amazing that he could do a handstand on the flowrider at the local pool.

That looks like an interesting program (though not available in my area). How many hours a week do the kids train and what are they going to have her work on?

I checked out the Parisi Speed School site--it does look intriguing and reminds me of some of the drills that the coaches taught the kids when they dabbled in track last Spring for the local program. A lot of the drills that my kids did were bounding drills, skipping drills and side-stepping coordination drills, which I think is beneficial for all kids in any sport. Toys R Us now has a section for kids fitness where they sell those speed/strength parachutes that they wear and then run in to build strength. It kind of reminds me of that one gymnastics video where Nastia is doing sprints dragging a tire behind her attached with ropes!! Kind of funny in a way, but obviously effective at the same time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back