Buckle grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was reading about buckle grips v.s. Velcro grips. I have reissport velcro ones, but I find myself adjusting them constantly. So maby I should try buckles, but what do you do when one hole is to big and the other to small?

It's often a gymnasts preference. The Advantages of Velcro are that it is more adjustable to size and the gymnasts can tighten them easily themselves. The disadvantage is that they do need to be adjusted frequently.

Buckle grips are better for staying in place but often the gymnasts has trouble doing them up tight enough and undoing them by themselves.

It's often a gymnasts preference. The Advantages of Velcro are that it is more adjustable to size and the gymnasts can tighten them easily themselves. The disadvantage is that they do need to be adjusted frequently.

Buckle grips are better for staying in place but often the gymnasts has trouble doing them up tight enough and undoing them by themselves.
I have used buckle grips most of my gymnastics career. I started with Velcro as a lower level, but as I began in the higher levels (8,9) I realized buckle was safer because they moved less. Velcro needs constant adjusting, but buckle require some serious effort to get them to the appropriate tightness. Some of it is preference, and some should be level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back