Calling all Vermont and New York States folks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am looking for a meet in Northern New York State or Vermont, or maybe even Maine. That runs prep op (or that type of thing) that we could bring gymnasts from Quebec to.

Any ideas. Not looking for this season, but next year at this time.

We are looking for something fun and relaxed.

The Maine Academy of Gymnastics hosts the American Flyers Cup which I believe has Prep Op ..if you go on the NY USAG website, NY's whole calendar of meets is posted...some of NY's nice meets (like the I Love NY Cup and the Niagara Cup) do not have Prep Op sessions that i recall but if you had other levels, it might be an option.

We are in Quebec and therefore the prep op would be the easiest fit with our optional routines that all levels do. Thanks for those tips, I will go and check them out.

Say all within 5-6 hours drive in NYS... (I know little about Prep Op so don't know how much that helps you)

I Love NY Cup (in Binghamton) started USAIGC competition this year so that is probably worth considering.

Leatherstocking (Valley) and Pinky Stone (CNY?) are held in Utica and Syracuse respectively. They are very nice meets but I don't know about the Prep Op situation.

Another very fun meet is Hawaiian Cup (GC2) in Syracuse in Spring. Very low key in competition and high energy in fun. That used to be a non-sanction meet but I think they switched last year.

There are other nice ones towards Western NY but they are probably too far from where you are.

Vermont Gymnastics hosts a meet every year in January (Green Mountain Invitational) its hosted by the USAG of VT as well as their clubs. We have sent teams before its a lot of fun. VT is not too competitive so its more geared towards fun. They have all prep opt levels at it. (www.vermontgymnastics.com) They follow MASS Prep Opt rules right now.

Maine does not allow prep opt gymnast under the age of 12 or 13 compete. They use Prep Opt as an option for older girls who are done with USAG for whatever reason but want to continue. I would assume this stands for out of state competitors as well. We have never tried to go because over half our team is under 12.

Not really sure on NY we have sent our prep opts there, I think because there arent a lot of meets to pick from.

That sounds perfect, Vermont is an easy drive from here. We need something fun, our meets are dull and frustrating. Our gymnasts would love to be a part of something rewarding and entertaining.

I am looking for a meet in Northern New York State or Vermont, or maybe even Maine. That runs prep op (or that type of thing) that we could bring gymnasts from Quebec to.

Any ideas. Not looking for this season, but next year at this time.

We are looking for something fun and relaxed.

How about NH (you know between VT and ME). Our state has a Prep Op program that seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. Most of the Meets offered here has Prep Op sessions.

Here is the link to our meet schedule New Hampshire Gymnastics - Meet Schedule

The Halloween Meet in Oct, The Judges cup in Jan and the Winter Carnival in Jan are really good meets and lots of fun.

The Halloween meet has team costume competitions, the Judges cup has team theme dress up competition, and the Winter Carnival is just lots of fun. All of them in the past have had great gift shops set up to with lots of cool stuff the girls love.

My DD looks forward to all of them every year.

Also here is the link to the Region 6 meets (covers all the states you mentioned)
USA Gymnastics Region 6

The Maine Academy of Gymnastics hosts the American Flyers Cup which I believe has Prep Op ..if you go on the NY USAG website, NY's whole calendar of meets is posted...some of NY's nice meets (like the I Love NY Cup and the Niagara Cup) do not have Prep Op sessions that i recall but if you had other levels, it might be an option.

Thats a great meet we haven't done that one in a couple of years but it is alot of fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back