Off Topic Cancer Cure, is there no justice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As a child who has lost a parent to cancer at a young age, this really hit close to home. I wish mainstream media would pick up on this and share with the public. Being a holistic care advocate, I know the reasons behind this hidden information and why they won't tell you. Same goes for natural, herbal, eastern medicine and why it is not widely used in America.

I would highly rec. reading this article. If you have doubts on its authenticity, please do research before jumping to conclusions.

Scientists cure cancer, but no one takes notice
I'm saddened that this sort of POSITIVE information isn't blasted as much as the death of Bin Laden. Which sort of information is going to save more lives down the road?

Sounds great but it doesn't mention anything about the side effects that people could possibly get from the drug.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and I don't see sufficient evidence of peer-review or independent confirmation for me to take this article seriously without some additional research.

Given a bit more time, I could probably find more, but here's what I have so far: Dichloroacetic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears that it's not quite as much of a magical and un-recognized cure as this article would suggest.

Also, the article is 4 years old.

Sounds great but it doesn't mention anything about the side effects that people could possibly get from the drug.

Technically it claims that there are no side effects....

I agree I wish these type of articles would be spread a bit more. I personally had cancer myself when I was 7 and am now 17 and a cancer survivor!
Even if this isn't quite as 'amazing' as the article seems to claim, if it were spread a bit more at least then other doctors could weigh in with their thoughts and ideas.

Tall, I hear you on that and I'm glad you are a brave survivor! The sad thing is, if industries cannot make money off of this i.e. a patent, no one will even counter research or dig more into this.

These are the same reasons why holistic care is not accepted and/or practice widely in the western world. Currently, I'm pregnant and refuse to take any medications they give me because I have an alternative with chinese/herbal medicines that are natural and have been tried and true for thousands of years.

I've been diagnosed with a disease that is "un-curable" by American standards. I was taking cocktails of medicines for almost 10 years in which I've had to have regular blood test to monitor my liver, I've had other horrible side effects from these drugs and who knows what has happened to my brain chemistry so I will always be dependent on these drugs. I find taking this medicine just as bad as picking up a ciggarette, it didn't cure anything....just stopped a few symptoms while creating a whole mess of new ones. Also, as someone with no medical insurance these medicines were costing me up to $200 per month, not counting the Dr. visits.

Now, I treat my whole body with care. Yoga, meditation, eating vegetarian and organic foods and supplementing my body with herbs and vitamins that I don't get enough of in my diet. While I may not be totally cured, I feel as I have my life back and I don't have to be poisoning my body with these drugs that were made in a lab that haven't been tested thousands and thousands of years in tribal life. ;)

Its sad that the medical industry is a business, therefore needs to make a profit. Its not there to save peoples. No one makes money off of healthy people in this case.

Unfortunately, unlike most americans I do not get my information from Fox news nor any other large media. I do not believe them to be unbiased nor do I feel they report the real news. Hence, this sort of article would never be run/picked up.

Just wanted to say that I am in my second year of nursing. And all of my studies is based on Holistic care. I can understand what u mean though because even myself see some nurses just treating the illness not the patient. However in the next few years when the older nurses retire mainly the ones that are burnt out and new ones come in you will notice a big improvement in the holistic approach.

CoachCassie, herbal remedies are great, if and when, they work. You have to see that modern medicine has allowed MANY people to live longer, healthier lives. Modern medicine saves lives, period. To eschew medicince is silly at best and dangerous at worst.

Without the life saving treatements both of my youngest children received from *gasp* doctors and hospitals, I would be mourning my kids instead of playing with them before bed. Medical care and pharmacuticul companies are definitely in the life saving business. To say otherwise is absurd.

Just wanted to say that I am in my second year of nursing. And all of my studies is based on Holistic care. I can understand what u mean though because even myself see some nurses just treating the illness not the patient. However in the next few years when the older nurses retire mainly the ones that are burnt out and new ones come in you will notice a big improvement in the holistic approach.

Sally are you in your 2nd year of nursing school or have you actually been a nurse for 2yrs? I can appreciate your enthusiasm, even though I suppose I'm what you would consider one of those "older, burnt out nurses". I certainly hope you didn't mean to insult "older nurses", you can learn a lot from us. Mark my word one day one of them will save you from doing something that could harm a patient, if they haven't already. I cannot tell you how many situations I've rescued new nurses from...just like I was helped by more seasoned nurses when I was young. I am forever grateful to my mentors who taught me how to be a nurse.

I'm proud of the care I give my patients everyday. Nurses are like soldiers...we have to have each others backs in order to take care of our patients properly. Good luck with your career. Although I'm "old & burnt out", my 25 years of experience in the field helps me save lives everyday. I'm proud to say I'm a nurse, proud of the care I give my patients & proud of how I mentor new nurses.

Let's keep this civil and respectful, everybody. I won't wanna have to lock this thread.

Sally, I have to disagree. When I worked as a new nurse, I saw many older nurses that treated the whole patient and plenty of new ones that were just out to make good money (plenty of those in nursing school, there for a good career, but not really wanting to take care of people in the way I see a nurse) and were good nurses technically, but not holistically. It really all depends on WHY they got into nursing. Sure, there are some who are burnt out, and after you have worked in the hospital for years and dealt with all the stuff nurses have to deal with, you will understand why. You might even see it before then when you are doing clinicals, I sure did.

Nurses need to stick together! They don't though, which is sad. I have seen both sides, seeing "older" nurses out to eat the young/new, etc, but also younger nurses thinking they are somehow better than them because their schooling has taught them different and not respecting what comes with years and years of experience.

Good luck in your studies! I hope one day when you are an "old, burnt out" nurse, you will be respected by the new ones, and willing to share your knowledge with them and I bet you will laugh at how you talked about the old nurses then. :)

GJM, I am sure you are a wonderful nurse! :D

Any drug strong enough to have effects is strong enough to have side effects,

As I recall DCA was in trials for specific metabolic problems that cause lactic acidosis & that didn't go so well-lots of neuropathy and such. (Source: pubmed search of DCA + MELAS).

I hope that the derailment caused by 'miracle cures' doesn't divert too much time, energy, and funding from a search for effective treatments.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back