Check in!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I havnt been on here in awhile, ive been busy with finals and everything coming up. But as many of you know I dislocated my elbow in October, and after going through a couple doctors I finally got an answer and on last Thursday my new doctor performed surgery to remove calsification, bone spurs, dead bone, and scar tissue. My arm is finally almost staraight and its been just over a week! while I had the nerve block in my system, the day after surgery I had physical therapy and he got my arm to 2 degrees of hyper extension, which was a big deal as my other arm hyperextends 15 degrees, and I was told by my old doctor that I would be lucky if I ever got it straight much less hyperextended. This morning I was able to by the end of my physical therapy session for the day get my arm to straight by myself for the first time. It doesn't stay that way but with the help of my parents, coaches, physical therapist, and doctor, they think I will be able to make a full recovery. Im off to my first check up after surgery on Monday and I should be getting my stitches out and I might fin out if I will need a screw put into my arm where my ligament pulled off a piece of bone (eww gross, i know) Overall imhappy I know what is going on and so far this has been easier than beofre, and hurts a lot less! Before I had surgery it felt like my arm was breaking when I went the physical therapy, now i sometimes get sharp pains where the screw will go if I have to get it, but the easiest way to explain is that its the same feeling that you get when someone is pushing you down in a split that you dont have yet, just the muscle pulling a little, but i guess they have to loosen somehow! Well I wanted to check in since its been awhile, and I could really use healing faries to get me through the rest of this injury! Everyone on here has been a great help with the advice that ive been given so far about this injury in the past and I want to say thank you to everyone who has commented on my posts in the past!

Glad that they finaly got everything squared away with your elbow and you are now on the mend. Hopefully you wont have to have the screw put in..but if you do, just know its for the best. Sending healing fairies your way. And it sure sounds like your going to have a straight arm soon

thanks! ive been trying to stay as active as possible by doing organized running races and ab workouts outside of my now 4 hrs a week conditioning in the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back