WAG Choreographers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nikki4

Proud Parent
we'll be heading into optionals and all that comes with it this year. Dd has had a couple floor music options picked out for awhile, but how do we pick a good choreographer? I'm sure the gym will give us a couple of recommendations but how do you know who's a good fit? I always feel like a lot of our optional girls routines seem empty, if that makes sense. Dd wants something that constantly moves and feels and looks full.

All the gyms we have been at have provided choreographers, sometimes someone in house does it and others have brought in an outside choreographer or given choices of ones to use. We have always been told when to start thinking about it, what our choices were and what the process, policies and timing would look like.

Were you told you were on your own to find a choreographer?

It would look very bad for me if I went outside the gym choreography plan and timing.

Our gym provides a list of choreographers. We must pick from said list. Maybe exceptions with permission but not sure.

Ask the parents of the optional girls about the process. Find out the names of the girls that your DD likes their choreography and ask who they used.

our gym used to do their own choreography. this year they provided us with an awesome one (for lvl 6) but we were told we could go with our own if we wanted. i'm not sure how i would have found one on my own. lol

Our level 7 girls use an in-house choreographer and get their music from any floor music company - our level 8-10 girls have a special (awesome) choreographer who is also a judge come in, she brings original music with her for the girls to choose from that isn't available elsewhere.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back