Parents Choreography Cost?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Interesting thread. Acro mom. Acro choreo ranges but in general hovers around $2-$350 per athlete in the group and generally only get used for one year. Any partnership above level 8 needs at least two routines. Jr elite and senior elite need three.

Ty's Dads daughter is a junior elite!
No need to pay 850$ for a Level 6 routine I think!
Even if my daughter was a level 6 and I happen to pay the $850, who is this lady or man to tell me I need to say to mt daughters coach’s “No I’m not gonna pay that so and so has a quality routine for $300”. She or he could have said “wow that’s a lot” and left it alone but how a grown person gonna tell another grown person what to spend their money on.

I imagine cost of choreography at that level is highly dependent on cost of living in your area.

Edited to add: We live in a high COL area and generally pay higher costs for everything when compared to other areas, including gym fees, summer camp, school, housing, etc. The coaches who do the choreography have to be able to afford living here too!

My daughter is currently level 5 so I am trying to plan ahead a bit. I'm curious how much you paid for music and choreography(beam and floor) for your level 6/7 routines and how many levels did you keep that music and choreography?
It depends on who you work with. Floor will always be more because of the music, usually around $300-400 but if the choreographer is organic meaning that they cut and edit and create the gymnasts music on their own, it can run up to $700-900 for a floor routine as it adds on about 10-15 more hours of their time to create the routine. Beam usually runs around $150-300 also depending on level and experience of the choreographer.

how the hell you gonna tell me what to pay for. You think your kid has a quality routine. I haven’t seen it and really don’t care, you pay for what you pay for. I’ll do the same.
Wow, nice attitude. You asked. My first comment was that $800 is way too much. No need to be like that. I can say it’s too much, because it is.

It depends on who you work with. Floor will always be more because of the music, usually around $300-400 but if the choreographer is organic meaning that they cut and edit and create the gymnasts music on their own, it can run up to $700-900 for a floor routine as it adds on about 10-15 more hours of their time to create the routine. Beam usually runs around $150-300 also depending on level and experience of the choreographer.

Every choreographer my gymnasts (and their teammates and others I know) have worked with over the last 15 years have only taken up to 2 hours to create a routine, including college choreographers and elite choreographers. Most of them make them up as they go in real time, they don’t usually prepare them ahead of time. Beam takes about an hour. I know it also depends where you live, but it Seems some of these people are really taking advantage and padding the price. But to the OP, just start putting some money aside to pay for these things that you know are coming up. You CAN get great music for &50-$75 and you CAN get GREAT routines for $350-$500.

Wow, nice attitude. You asked. My first comment was that $800 is way too much. No need to be like that. I can say it’s too much, because it is.
No I was talking about your comment, I don’t know what you want me to say by you saying who does your kids floor. Why would I ask you how to spend my money

Even if my daughter was a level 6 and I happen to pay the $850, who is this lady or man to tell me I need to say to mt daughters coach’s “No I’m not gonna pay that so and so has a quality routine for $300”. She or he could have said “wow that’s a lot” and left it alone but how a grown person gonna tell another grown person what to spend their money on.
No one was telling you what to do. Sheesh! I did say, “Wow that’s a lot,” and you said “What do you want me to say?“ so I answered that. Now let it go and move on. Stop getting offended by something that didn’t happen. And I stand by my opinion that parents should say no to such high prices on things that don’t need to cost that much. Elite routines have 4 tumbling passes, so that’s even less time in the 1:30 that’s needed to choreograph.

You the same person who run your mouth then when someone responds you want to play victim and say move on. You the same person that went in my DM to come out your way to remind me that your a judge (in my head kinda tellin me your gonna mess with my daughters scores). I didn’t like you from the first back and forth so why reply to me now. Every time we go back and forth it’s because OF YOU TAGGING ME. I never comment on your stuff just reply. Now you telling me to move on. Your seriously crazy, how about you practice what you preach about move on and stop tagging me

Going back and forth with you we clearly don’t like each other and I don’t even know who you are. Male or female nothing about you. But this time in your head you thought oh he wants financial advise and also he wants advise how to communicate with his coaches from me

This thread has some valuable information in it. For it to stay up and for things to not get deleted, everyone needs to stop arguing and bickering. Please be mindful of your language when posting.

We all do not have to agree. If someone does not think they need to pay XXX amount that is fine. If someone thinks they need to pay that amount, that is fine. Sharing the options available is what we are here to do.

We are watching this thread closely but do not want to close or delete things unless it becomes necessary.

For FIG there is 1.7 the judges can take off in artistry deductions. Paying a lot more for a choreographer that is well aware of FIG requirements is a no-brainer for an aspiring elite. Obviously it is then up to the individual to make the most of the routine selected and designed specifically for them.
The USAG elite program as a whole have traditionally been weaker in terms of artistry and dance skills and the new team staff are really working hard to educate coaches to minimize deductions. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of Jordyn Weiber not making AA finals because her coach refused to listen to the judge feedback from podium train that they were NOT paying a connection.

For low level optional gymnasts the some of the best routines are often the In-house choreographer who know the athlete and gets the right fit.

For FIG there is 1.7 the judges can take off in artistry deductions. Paying a lot more for a choreographer that is well aware of FIG requirements is a no-brainer for an aspiring elite. Obviously it is then up to the individual to make the most of the routine selected and designed specifically for them.
The USAG elite program as a whole have traditionally been weaker in terms of artistry and dance skills and the new team staff are really working hard to educate coaches to minimize deductions. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of Jordyn Weiber not making AA finals because her coach refused to listen to the judge feedback from podium train that they were NOT paying a connection.

For low level optional gymnasts the some of the best routines are often the In-house choreographer who know the athlete and gets the right fit.
The Jordyn Wieber event still hurts. So many of us fans watching at home knew it wasn't connected. It actually comes up in my Facebook memories every year

Yea I'd definitely argue that paying for quality choreography is much more important for an elite vs someone getting their first level 6 optional routine.

Our choreography fees are high to me ($500 + $150) but we also live in a relatively expensive area, and..inflation, plus the choreographer has to make a living too. To anyone saying parents should just say no... I'd like them to try that and see how it goes. lol

Yea I'd definitely argue that paying for quality choreography is much more important for an elite vs someone getting their first level 6 optional routine.

Our choreography fees are high to me ($500 + $150) but we also live in a relatively expensive area, and..inflation, plus the choreographer has to make a living too. To anyone saying parents should just say no... I'd like them to try that and see how it goes. lol
Me too.

$500 for us is about right b/c $100/hr is the going rate for many things - tutors, privates, etc.

Sure I can say "no" and then where do we get our routines? "No" only works if the entire team says "no" AND there is a viable alternative.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back