Anon Chorography Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous (8b29)
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (8b29)

My daughter will be getting her first choreography soon. I'm curious about proper etiquette. We are paying a good amount for it so I'm curious how we handle if we don't like something about the choreo?

Generally the choreographer will have ideas in mind but be willing to make sure your daughter is comfortable and confident.

Encourage your daughter to communicate respectfully -

"That feels a little awkward to me, can we try something else?"

"I'm not really comfortable with that move, can you help me?"

"Would it be ok to try it like this instead?"

I've been on both ends and it's honestly really fun and I always enjoy it. I've never been offended by an athlete wanting to make a change. My mindset is always wanting them to look and feel good, especially their first time with their own routine!

In my experience, they don't have the entire routines planned out, just ideas. So as they think of ideas, she can ask to change parts if she thinks she won't be able to do it, or if she doesn't like it.

I will say, after having my current routine for a year, going on two, looking back at the video of when I first got my routines, little parts I changed myself to make it easier to remember, keep in beat, and to do it nicely.

Honestly I’d stay out of it as a parent and let your gymnast and the coach worry about that. I believe my daughter’s coach tweaked a few little things in her routine after the fact when they didn’t feel like they worked for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back