Parents Cincinnati area gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

newgymmom2014

Proud Parent
Hi all! My daughter competed her first season as a L2 and did fantastic. We are unfortunately being faced with the thought that she may not be reaching her full potential with her current gym, which saddens me since this is the only gym she has ever known. But I feel that she is not getting the attention she needs to improve in the areas she needs. She basically told me that one of her coaches doesn't critique her anymore and just says keep do what you're doing, because she is a high scorer in that specific event. When my daughter is the one coming to me and saying there is a problem it is a big deal. She does not complain and LOVES this sport with every fiber of her being so we now need to figure out what our best options are. I obviously have more issues with our current gym and am willing to answer questions but I'd rather not put it all out there, because for other girls this gym does great things. So what are everyone's opinions on great gyms in Cincinnati? We have a few in mind and would love other parents input. We do intend on talking with these other gyms but would love an inside look as well! Thanks in advanced for the help!

Have you talked with your current gym about what her placement might be next season? Maybe they are planning on moving her up to a more challenging level. I know you mentioned having other issues, but if those aren't deal breakers I think I would suggest seeing what they might have in plan for her next season.

I agree with gymdog, have you tried talking with her coaches, or are you at a point that all avenues with current gym have been exhausted?

Without knowing which gym you are currently at, I'd recommend that you speak with Perfection. Love their program. My daughter has been to several of their camps over the years and has always had great experiences there. Enrique is genuinely nice and always speaks with my daughter at meets to see how she is doing and give her words of encouragement. If we were within a reasonable driving distance, we would definitely be at Perfection

Have you talked with your current gym about what her placement might be next season? Maybe they are planning on moving her up to a more challenging level. I know you mentioned having other issues, but if those aren't deal breakers I think I would suggest seeing what they might have in plan for her next season.
We know that she will be moving to a L3 but I'm not convinced that the other issues will be fixed. (Same coaches for both L2 and L3) I plan on having a sit down with the head coach this week to see if she sees what my daughter is saying. We DO NOT want to move if we can avoid it but I feel like my daughter is being looked over and this definitely is not the first time.

My DD goes to Buckeye in Westerville. One of her coaches at Buckeye accepted a position at Perfection a while back and she still hugs him when she sees him at meets. There program puts out quality gymnasts as well. The coaching at CGA is also top-notch. My DD competes against and is friends with a few girls from their gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back