Parents Coach fees 1400 for 6 meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymgirlies

Proud Parent
Reaction score
So as stated I. The title the coaches fees are 1400 for 6 competitions

It is super hard to give any kind of comparison without any context. What area do you live in (this gives an idea to wages)? What level? How many coaches? How much travel is involved? Is this just coaching fees or is a meet fee which would then include meet registration, etc.

That sounds similar to what we pay for fees, travel, hotel, food and pay. It all adds up. If these are all local I might give it a slight side eye, but otherwise seems reasonable.

It is super hard to give any kind of comparison without any context. What area do you live in (this gives an idea to wages)? What level? How many coaches? How much travel is involved? Is this just coaching fees or is a meet fee which would then include meet registration, etc.
We recently switched to a new gym. Wasn't given any pricing in regards to travel. We just found out registration would be 1,00 and coaches travel fees would be 1,400. 4 meets are roughly 40 minutes drive1 meet is 2 .5 hour drive and 1 if roughly 5 hours away. Considering meals and hotels. Does this sound reasonable. Our last gym was way less. Also for context we do live in a lighter cost of living area in florida is this cost reasonable or too far?

That sounds similar to what we pay for fees, travel, hotel, food and pay. It all adds up. If these are all local I might give it a slight side eye, but otherwise seems reasonable.
We recently switched to a new gym. Wasn't given any pricing in regards to travel. We just found out registration would be 1,00 and coaches travel fees would be 1,400. 4 meets are roughly 40 minutes drive1 meet is 2 .5 hour drive and 1 if roughly 5 hours away. Considering meals and hotels. Does this sound reasonable. Our last gym was way less. Also for context we do live in a lighter cost of living area in florida is this cost reasonable or too far?

I am new to this forum and accidentally posted before I got finished went to edit and ran out of time because ya know...adhd.

What level and how many gymnasts on team? If you have a small squad, less costs to be split up. But honestly it is not too crazy high. Even if you are only 2 hour drive, which means you might be able to make a day trip, most coaches have to stay overnight throughout the whole competition to coach the different level optional with some sessions beginning at 7am. Our fees are in that range. The only difference is they wait until their expenses are more locked in (tickets bought, hotels made, etc,), so closer to the actual competition. I have been at gyms that estimate the cost like that and then (in theory, never happened at our old gym) they reconcile at the end of the year.

Really. For 6 meets? There's roughly 6 girls on their level, and they are currently gold. Last year we paid 570. Different gyms more very local meets but we did roughly 10/11 meets and they were silver.

It totally depends on how many ways you are splitting it. The bigger the team, the cheaper the fees. Our booster club averages it out so that The smaller levels don’t have to pay more but not every club does it that way.

That totally makes sense. You are working extremely hard with no time off. I was a competitive gymnast from 5-12 and quit at level 9 because I had to move states & my back and knees were killing me. I still miss it to this day and appreciate my amazing coaches I had.
I was wondering if you can let me know what you think of this price info I just received from my youngest daughter’s gym. My other two daughters could care less about gymnastics, lol.
This is her first year and her team is bronze with 11 girls on her team & one coach. We live in LA, so know prices are probably higher than other states.
Here’s the breakdown of what we are supposed to pay this season:
Two 4 hour classes a week

$445 - $530 a month (varies on monthly hours)

• Team Registration Fee: $50.00
    Annual USAG Membership: $29.00 (SoCal Gymnastics membership fee, excludes USAG membership fee and). Every athlete needs this membership in order to compete.
  • Team Leotard: $400.00 - $ 450.00 plus tax
  • Team Warm Ups: $200.00 plus tax (includes jacket and one pair of short leggings)
  • Team Bag: $50.00 plus tax

Approximately 2,100 split into September-January 5 monthly payments

Then we just received this: :/
It seems a bit extreme, but figured I’d ask you as you are coach.
Fees per gymnast:

Meet entry feeCoaches fee
Total meet & coaches fee$1900 per gymnast

Thank you so much ☺️

This seems reasonable, even on the lower end compared to what we pay. When you say "coaches fees" I am assuming you mean the meet fees in total, which includes coaches fee? We pay between 2200-2500 for 5 meets plus state, and then regionals is extra for those who qualify. L6

Here’s the breakdown of what we are supposed to pay this season:
Two 4 hour classes a week

$445 - $530 a month (varies on monthly hours)

• Team Registration Fee: $50.00
    Annual USAG Membership: $29.00 (SoCal Gymnastics membership fee, excludes USAG membership fee and). Every athlete needs this membership in order to compete.
  • Team Leotard: $400.00 - $ 450.00 plus tax
  • Team Warm Ups: $200.00 plus tax (includes jacket and one pair of short leggings)
  • Team Bag: $50.00 plus tax

Approximately 2,100 split into September-January 5 monthly payments

Then we just received this: :/
It seems a bit extreme, but figured I’d ask you as you are coach.
Fees per gymnast:

Meet entry feeCoaches fee
Total meet & coaches fee$1900 per gymnast

Thank you so much ☺️

Your meet-fees are very reasonable. That’s about what we pay and I have heard from parents at other gyms that our meet fees are significantly lower than theirs.

You monthly tuition is high for the hours. That’s what you would pay for 16 hours in the Seattle area.

Thank you for your response
Your meet-fees are very reasonable. That’s about what we pay and I have heard from parents at other gyms that our meet fees are significantly lower than theirs.

You monthly tuition is high for the hours. That’s what you would pay for 16 hours in the Seattle area.

Thank you so much for responding. I was thinking the tuition was higher than most gyms. Then to receive the coaches fee kind of blew me away. The one coach will be averaging $2,062 a meet. What is your average pay per meet if it’s okay for me to ask. I want the coach to make a good amount for all of her time and effort, but wow, $2,062 is a lot to make in one day. The are normal one day meets and not far…. Within the LA / Orange County area.

Thank you so much for responding. I was thinking the tuition was higher than most gyms. Then to receive the coaches fee kind of blew me away. The one coach will be averaging $2,062 a meet. What is your average pay per meet if it’s okay for me to ask. I want the coach to make a good amount for all of her time and effort, but wow, $2,062 is a lot to make in one day. The are normal one day meets and not far…. Within the LA / Orange County area.
Are you sure about that calculation? Our coaches make $200-300 per day at meets. And our assessments are $2400 with 20 optionals. I think yours have to include meet entry fees for the gymnasts too. So if there are 6 gymnasts going to 6 meets, about $700-$800 are going to the entry fees of each meet ($125) per meet. That means you have about $600 per gymnast left to pay mileage, food, coach pay, education, attire, hotels. They are not making much from that amount!

Are you sure about that calculation? Our coaches make $200-300 per day at meets. And our assessments are $2400 with 20 optionals. I think yours have to include meet entry fees for the gymnasts too. So if there are 6 gymnasts going to 6 meets, about $700-$800 are going to the entry fees of each meet ($125) per meet. That means you have about $600 per gymnast left to pay mileage, food, coach pay, education, attire, hotels. They are not making much from that amount!

Here’s the meet fee and coaches fee breakdown that will be added to tuition.

Attachments

• IMG_6266.jpeg
    IMG_6266.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 37
What level and how many gymnasts on team? If you have a small squad, less costs to be split up. But honestly it is not too crazy high. Even if you are only 2 hour drive, which means you might be able to make a day trip, most coaches have to stay overnight throughout the whole competition to coach the different level optional with some sessions beginning at 7am. Our fees are in that range. The only difference is they wait until their expenses are more locked in (tickets bought, hotels made, etc,), so closer to the actual competition. I have been at gyms that estimate the cost like that and then (in theory, never happened at our old gym) they reconcile at the end of we are 7

What level and how many gymnasts on team? If you have a small squad, less costs to be split up. But honestly it is not too crazy high. Even if you are only 2 hour drive, which means you might be able to make a day trip, most coaches have to stay overnight throughout the whole competition to coach the different level optional with some sessions beginning at 7am. Our fees are in that range. The only difference is they wait until their expenses are more locked in (tickets bought, hotels made, etc,), so closer to the actual competition. I have been at gyms that estimate the cost like that and then (in theory, never happened at our old gym) they reconcile at the end of the year.
The girls are gold and I believe they're are 6 or 7 girls. If we are all paying 1400 in travel fees for the year on that level it comes to 8400 just for gold, and
It totally depends on how many ways you are splitting it. The bigger the team, the cheaper the fees. Our booster club averages it out so that The smaller levels don’t have to pay more but not every club does it that way.
Well that does not include the registration fees . The total for registration and travel fees is 2400

They are gold with 6 total gymnasts. They train with platinum but I'm not sure the fees are split with them aswell. The registration fees are 1000 and then 1,400 for travel. They are super new and maybe the numbers are off but I don't see them voluntarily giving us money back. . It's split up into 5 month payments and I have 2 in the class. My first payment would be 2870(Including tuition. ) then down to 1600. For 5 remaining months.. Uniform needs to be paid in full this month also we have to pay 300 each to get their routine choreographed. I was not ready for this big of a hit usually outlrs is spread out over 10 months.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back