Parents Coach/gymnast ratio

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think it's exactly as honu stated, well-delivered corrections and proper conditioning. DD improvements at her new gym, since May, I contribute to intense appropriate conditioning and the right corrections.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a ratio less than 7/8:1. I just don't imagine it would be cost effective for the gym, which would make it cost prohibitive for the parents.

Even our small gym are teams might be smaller than 7 or 8 kids but that's, optionals. And the optional kids practice together. So our current 6/7/8s are grouped together by skills and what is being worked/drilled. So the ratio lands between 7-10 kids per group, depending on the day.

I just don't know of any gym, at least in my neck of the woods that has a smaller ratio.

And part of being on team, is being able to focus and work in a group.

As someone else mentioned, there is value in training in a group. Even for privates, our coaches prefer 2-3 gymnasts. He says they learn by watching each other, doing the skill, hearing his correction and seeing the correction as applied by others. You lose the seeing portion of learning when it is just 1:1.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back