WAG Coach taking out a grudge on a kid

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh dear a whole new breed!

This is a remarkable development in anthropoligical science......The discovery of a new species that nest in large cavernous spaces and contantly prod their offspring to move in ways not conducive to that species...........

I wonder what will come next......I hear there's a new search, commissioned by all the top coaches, to find the fossilized remains of a 4 judge panel that gets it right every time. They had originally sought out a live panel of the species, but gave up any hope that they are more than a long extinct species. ;)

This is a remarkable development in anthropoligical science......The discovery of a new species that nest in large cavernous spaces and contantly prod their offspring to move in ways not conducive to that species...........

I wonder what will come next......I hear there's a new search, commissioned by all the top coaches, to find the fossilized remains of a 4 judge panel that gets it right every time. They had originally sought out a live panel of the species, but gave up any hope that they are more than a long extinct species. ;)

boy, you got that right.:)

When we left our original gym 6 yrs ago, the 2 main coaches were horrible about it...said terrible things to my daughter and continued to behave poorly when we saw them at meets. One has since softened a bit and is at least polite in public (God only knows what she says about me behind my back) but the HC is still rude and nasty (so much so that other coaches have commented on it)....totally validates our leaving

We had a very similar experience. Former coach acted like my gymmie didn't exist when they would see each other at meets and told the girls from the former gym to act just like him.

I have seen first hand from coaches both female and male, young and old treating former gymnasts like crap when they see them at a meet.

I have seen coaches purposely trying to "psych-out" a gymnast on an event by standing at the edge of the mat and STARING while she performed her routine.

I have seen girls cheering for former teammates and being scolded for it by both coaches and parents.

I have seen it all, and more, and it makes me thankful every day for the awesome coaches that my dd has. It also makes me hate this sport as much as I love it, and keeps me on my toes to make sure none of this kind of negativity affects my daughter.

To say it once more as I've said it before...

many gymnastic coaches are just broken, screwed up a-holes. With the guys, you get to deal with the Super-Ego's, especially if they were once really good ( I never was, thus no ego that way:D though I do have an ego because I'm a cocky smart alec).

To say it once more as I've said it before...

many gymnastic coaches are just broken, screwed up a-holes. With the guys, you get to deal with the Super-Ego's, especially if they were once really good ( I never was, thus no ego that way:D though I do have an ego because I'm a cocky smart alec).

Ala James T Kirk of the starship enterprise......You are....(dramatic pause).....a legend....(spoken sharp and crisply for dramatic emphasis)...(short dramatic pause).....in your own mind.

Geez...we do have something in common!!

It's pretty disgusting to see any adult treat a child like that. My little one loves her coaches, and if we ever left, for whatever reason, it would break her heart to have them treat her like that. If anything I can see them holding a grudge, not loving the parent, but it's the parent's choice 95% of the time to move gyms, not the kids.

My dd recently left her gym. She was devastated because she really loved it but knew it just wasn't a good fit anymore. She insisted on going back to the gym to say goodbye to everyone. Her coach completely ignored her. She cried the entire way home and still talks about it. She still feels she must have done something really wrong for him not to say goodbye or give her a hug or anything. Ugh. I'm still sad for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back