WAG Coaches "hobbies"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think our coaches' favorite hobbies are anything that looks dangerous or death-defying.

...guilty.

And my other job is a lot of freelance tutoring type stuff. Does not interfere with gym or my focus on the gym.

Those rock climbing injuries just mean i need to be creative...

To give a slightly more serious response:

Coaching has been the central focal point around which the rest of my life has revolved for the last ten years (since I started coaching, during junior year of high school). My other hobbies have changed with time. I was a professional juggler for awhile, I wrote music for a long time. Gaming (both the competitive aspect and the artistic aspects of gaming are extremely interesting to me).

But lately, I think almost all of my free time not spent on something gymnastics-related has just been spent studying and researching whatever strikes my fancy on that particular day. Astronomy, cosmology, futurology, anthropology, psychology, biology, sociology, animal behavior (especially dogs and primates), or whatever else may catch my interest on that particular day. Often as not, I'll start the day by bringing up Science Daily or Scientific American, read whatever article catches my interest, and spend the entire rest of the day finding everything I can on the subject online.

Really, I guess I just love learning, regardless of what I'm actually learning about.

You like your 'ology' dont you! Lol

I love rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and reading.

I'm also a middle school science teacher. I wish I could afford to teach gymnastics/ coach full-time, but I need the salary, benefits, and retirement from teaching school.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back