Parents Coach's gifts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
So, our competition season starts in about 6 weeks. Is it appropriate to get the coaches a "thank you" gift for working so hard with our girls? Maybe at the end of the season? I'm not sure what the protocol would be, or any clue what to get for them. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

I have no idea what protocol is, and to be honest I really am not all that concerned about it. I periodically give DD's coaches little thank you tokens such as small gift cards to Starbucks, Subway, etc., and will acknowledge them with something a little more substantial at the end of the season. We have been blessed with a real gem of a gym :) and I figure it's the least I can do for all the time, effort, and patience the coaches pour into these girl. My feelings may change as tuition goes up. But for now it's the right thing for our family to do.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I know she busts her butt working with the girls and I want to give her some token of appreciation.

A small gift card, some body wash type products, a nice perfume, some sports socks, a picture of coach with your DD and other team mates in a nice photo frame, some bath bombs, a jar of her favourite chocolate or candy if you know what it is, a book of positive and inspiring quotes.

Please do not give body wash if you don't really really know what she likes. Scents are so personal and hard to buy for someone else. Gift cards for a store she has commented about or a local restaurant ( even a place like subway) are great. Starbucks only if she brings in a cup occasionally, otherwise Target or something more generic. Candy only if you have seen her enjoy it.

Parents please notice what the coaches like or keep your gift a little generic. Some coaches and teachers do not eat candy, even your homemade cookies or drink Starbucks. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and then feel guilty when your homemade yumminess ends up in a trash can hidden under other stuff.

I NEVER give smelly gifts, I personally don't like them and they give me almost an instant migraine :) I was kind of thinking of something to kick off the season (maybe a small gift card or something she might be able to use throughout the season) since she has been working just as hard as the girls to make sure they're ready. It's a big day for the coaches too, right :)

Exactly! A gift card to the closest restaurant that the coaches seem to like is a good choice . Whatever you give include a note from you and a note or picture from your DD. Your note will go on a shelf in her home and the gift card will be used for dinner in a rush after practice.

perfect idea! She has 2 small kids and we were just talking about trying to be more organized and getting dinner on the table at a decent time on busy nights! That, plus her husband was furloughed with this gov't stuff so "free" meals might help out :)

At our gym we have team moms who organize coaches' gifts from the entire team for Christmas, end of year, and birthdays. Each family is asked (but not required) to kick in a few dollars. Personally, I gave the coaches wine for Christmas last year, after confirming that it was something they would enjoy. I figure after dealing with my DD all year long, they needed it!

perfect idea! She has 2 small kids and we were just talking about trying to be more organized and getting dinner on the table at a decent time on busy nights! That, plus her husband was furloughed with this gov't stuff so "free" meals might help out :)
Is there a Dream Dinners around you? They're a little pricey, but could be a great idea!

I think it must depend on your gym-we don't usually do something at the end of the season-since the girls & coaches just keep working! We do give gifts at the holidays. I've learned that gift cards are gold! I try to find something little in our team colors to add to it. Last year, I added a Christmas ornament that was personalized for the coach's family. We're a small gym so I know our coaches pretty well-makes it simpler.

coachp-

I don't think our coaches would let us take them to dinner-usually because they have more sessions to coach but also because I think they know none of us could keep from "gym talk" while we had you out, lol!

Best chrismas gift I ever got was a log of deer sausage blended with pork.

OMG, the boys and I destroyed it once I got the stones to try it out.

End of season, maybe. Not necessary but appreciated. Sometimes I have gone out to dinner with the parents after my last session. *shrug*

I got a scheels gift card this year and that was perfect! I gets lots of gift cards for coffee and restaurants. I would not worry about it too much. It is the thought that counts. They will be touched either way. If they don't like the place the gift card is for they will give it to someone else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back