WAG college gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

serena.li

Gymnast
my dream has been to go D1 since forever and i would really give ANYTHING to go D1. I'm pretty behind though. I have ben repeating levels because my coaches didnt really care much about me in my old gym and i have also had mental health issues.
I am currently 13 years old platinum going diamond. I am working on flight series on beam, giants on bars, layouts and twisting on floor and yurchenko timers on vault.

Is there a chance that i could make it?
I have moved to a new gym and am feeling much better mentally and i'm improving much faster.

i'm willing to work my butt off for it

if you have the time please help me 😭

my dream has been to go D1 since forever and i would really give ANYTHING to go D1. I'm pretty behind though. I have ben repeating levels because my coaches didnt really care much about me in my old gym and i have also had mental health issues.
I am currently 13 years old platinum going diamond. I am working on flight series on beam, giants on bars, layouts and twisting on floor and yurchenko timers on vault.

I have moved to a new gym and am feeling much better mentally and i'm improving much faster.

Unlikely but possible. To go D1 you’d wanna be a L10 by junior years of high school (3 years to go from level 5/6-level 10) and this would probably be a lower level D1. It’s really hard to move up levels that fast, especially higher levels so it’s very unlikely. Do your best to enjoy gymnastics and the opportunity if you have close to 10.0 SV’s might arise for D3 schools or club gymnastics has more and more competition!

I think the most important step in having any chance is letting your coach know your hopes and ambitions. I think coaches would appreciate a good work ethic but also a realistic take on things. I would advise the following: Let them know you'd love to do D1 one day and are willing to work hard for it, but understand that it's unlikely and that you may have to look at alternatives when the time comes.

Does your new gym do DP and have a history of D1 athletes or is Xcel only? If they don't have a history of sending athletes to D1 then your chances are very unlikely.

Does your new gym do DP and have a history of D1 athletes or is Xcel only? If they don't have a history of sending athletes to D1 then your chances are very unlikely.
yea my gym has dp and has had some athletes go d1 but not a lot. we are a generally small gym but still pretty good

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back