WAG Colored tiger paws

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if its a deduction to have colored tiger paws for competitions starting 2013. And if it is and I have to get sand color can I get a sand color in a animal print?

don't know about the US, but over here we use fig rules and there is a deduction for non beige and patterned would befrowned upon too

A lot of gyms around here have colored ones that match the team leo so when the long sleeve matches the tiger paw its not so noticeable. As far as I know they have never received a deduction and the ones I've seen with them are the more competitive gyms. They would never give away points for a colored tiger paw. Our gym prefers the sand colored ones (or flesh toned) not because there is a deduction but more because it blends in and is less noticeable on the gymnast so it doesn't attract the eye of the judge. Sort of like they like the beige ankle brace etc. A big black brace just draws attention to that area and if its not perfect the judge will see it more and pick up on deductions more. go with what blends in.

don't know about the US, but over here we use fig rules and there is a deduction for non beige and patterned would befrowned upon too

so...er...what about for the girls for whom 'beige' is not the color of the rest of them? Bandaids, and tiger paws, do not match even close to everyone.

so...er...what about for the girls for whom 'beige' is not the color of the rest of them? Bandaids, and tiger paws, do not match even close to everyone.

True - Lenny Henry had a great sketch about trying to find skin tone band aids -

I'm a ginger and as they don't do translucent bluey/white they would stand out on me seriously. I don't know if they do different skin tones. The FIG COP says

Hand-grips at uneven bars, body bandages, and wrists wraps are
permitted; they must be securely fastened, in good repair and should not
detract from the aesthetics of the performance. Bandages must be beige colored.

From the wording it would suggest that only the bandage should be beige - as most handguards are white, just that any additions should not detratct from the aesthetics. Tricky

Hand-grips at uneven bars, body bandages, and wrists wraps are
permitted; they must be securely fastened, in good repair and should not
detract from the aesthetics of the performance. Bandages must be beige colored.

From the wording it would suggest that only the bandage should be beige - as most handguards are white, just that any additions should not detratct from the aesthetics. Tricky
Interesting, I had just assumed that 'wrist wraps' came under the umbrella of 'bandages', but it doesn't actually say that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back