Anon coming back after a month

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (b0e0)

i was out of town for all of june and just started practicing again on july 1st. i went the 1st and then 2nd but not today and then the gym is closed the rest of the week for the fourth of july. i am soooo sore but i feel like i cant do anything that i used to be able to anymore :( vault was my strongest event and i feel so weak on it. my kips that are always consistent, now take a couple of turns before i can get it with straight arms and even then im struggling to get my casts higher which is so frustrating because i was working kip cast handstands before i left and now i can barely even get to a horizontal cast. i haven’t even attempted high bar kips yet, ive only been doing tapswings and flyaways. i’ve been sticking to the laser beam for now for my acro but my dance stuff is okay. and my floor has always been my weakest event but my tumbling is still decent i would say. my first ro bhs was very rough but after a couple they were normal. i still haven’t added a back tuck to it because im just so scared. any advice? i really wanted to do diamond but looking at what i can do this week it just seems unreasonable.

I am also going through the same thing as you. It has been about 3 weeks since I was off for a month too and only this week and a bit of last week has it felt like I was able to start working on upgrades again to the same level I was before the break.

The first week will definitely be the hardest week of just trying to get back into the swing of things (no pun intended) with skills and routines. But after a week or two, you should feel more confident about working towards upgrades.

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News