Coming back in...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have taken the summer off to pursue horses. Now let me ask How hard is it to come back into shape. I'm not any high level or anything just a Rec girl for now. but i did have my squat on. I also have fear of vault. I dont know how to get over it?!:confused: HELP!

Well i know for me a week off from gym can basiclly garantee sore muscles for a full week after practice begins again, so a full summer... yikes. But thats just me, i know kids that can take the summer off and come back full of promise and pick up just where they left off, it depends on you. But be ready to be a bit sore atleast

Well, since Jenniffir already answered your first question...

What's so scary about vault? Ask yourself that. Squat-ons? Piece of cake. All you do is jump, put your hands on the vault, and then bring your feet in. Once you get to level 4, you'll probably start doing front handsprings off and let me tell you this- they are AWESOME. The teacher will have a really good grip on you so even if you bend your arms or forget to block off or don't jump high enough, they'll be there. And remember that the coach wouldn't let you try it if you weren't ready.

This is what I told myself when I was afraid of high beam and of squat-ons on bars. Now I'm doing handstands, cartwheels and back walkovers on high beam and I just got my squat on on bars today, the first time trying it by myself! :D Remember, YOU CAN DO IT! :D:D:D

What's so scary about vault? Ask yourself that. Squat-ons? Piece of cake. All you do is jump, put your hands on the vault, and then bring your feet in. Once you get to level 4, you'll probably start doing front handsprings off and let me tell you this- they are AWESOME. The teacher will have a really good grip on you so even if you bend your arms or forget to block off or don't jump high enough, they'll be there. And remember that the coach wouldn't let you try it if you weren't ready.

This is what I told myself when I was afraid of high beam and of squat-ons on bars. Now I'm doing handstands, cartwheels and back walkovers on high beam and I just got my squat on on bars today, the first time trying it by myself! :D Remember, YOU CAN DO IT! :D:D:D

I'm pretty sure she was talking about her squat on on bars and vault as completely different things, hence the full stop lol :D

I was working handsprings over, I was terrified for my life. I kept bailing before i even put my hands on the vault... I'm not sure why? Squat-ons on bars were a piece of cake for me. I just hope i can get them back:(!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back