Anon Compensation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (74d7)

I’ve been with coaching at my gym for around two years now, and will be USAG competitive coach certified in around two weeks. I’ve coached up through level 4 and gold, and accompanied girls to meets. Currently, I make minimum wage ($15). With getting certified, I’m looking to ask for a raise, but I’m unsure what amount for. What do you think?

You would have to say where you are located. In my state... minimum wage is $7.25. With that being said... our lowest pay for a high school age employee is almost double that... and that's for no experience. I would say that you should ask for a raise... however... are you in a HCOL area?

You would have to say where you are located. In my state... minimum wage is $7.25. With that being said... our lowest pay for a high school age employee is almost double that... and that's for no experience. I would say that you should ask for a raise... however... are you in a HCOL area?
Yes and no. I’m in the HCOL part of an area that’s a little bit lower of cost of living, but that’s not a huge affect on me.

and will be USAG competitive coach certified in around two weeks

Also... what do you mean by this?

To answer your question in another way... we give annual raises to all of our coaches. We also have raises by promotion. Have you received a raise since you have been working there? Are you getting a promotion as stated by your boss?

Also... what do you mean by this?

To answer your question in another way... we give annual raises to all of our coaches. We also have raises by promotion. Have you received a raise since you have been working there? Are you getting a promotion as stated by your boss?
No, I’m simply getting the competive coach membership for USAG. The one needed to coach at sanctioned meets. Only the owner and one other coach have gotten it. I haven’t gotten raises, in part because we don’t have system set up like that, and in part because my state has been raising the minimum wage.

With getting certified, I’m looking to ask for a raise, but I’m unsure what amount for. What do you think?

Just depends on what you think you are worth. We don't base anything on the USAG membership... we pay for that for all of our coaches.

All of our team coaches make well over that... but our least experienced team coach has been coaching for over 5 years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News