WAG Competition undergarments

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
*attempts to be discreet* I'm having trouble finding a good sports bra for competition! I'm a bit more made out than the average gymnast & I can't seem to find something that, um, "squashes & supports" for lack of a better word. GK bras aren't cutting it this year.

On another note: to anyone trying to find competition underwear, go to Victoria's Secret! I have the Cotton Lingerie bikini undies that only have strings on the side. No wedges or undies showing!

I am not a gymnast, but I am quite ample in that area. I run and I need a good sports bra. The ones I buy are at Academy. I think they are Champion brand. They are very supportive.

I like Champion too but I don't know if they have any that would work for competition. I usually go to one of several local dance studios that sell dance gear to find skin-colored bras.

Thanks! LoriLou I like Champion also, I will just have to look for one without a racerback :)

We don't have dance stores within 6 hours around here. I even asked a dancer friend, her dance coach has to order stuff in or drive up. I literially live in the middle of nowhere.

My girls were wearing the Justice string bikinis under their leos. But Justice doesn't seem to be making that style anymore. And we aren't quite to the stage where they're fitting in Victoria's Secret panties! If anyone knows where I can find that string bikini style panty in Youth sizes, please share the info ~ Thanks!

They're not strings, but Motionwearmay be worth a shot. I wore Motionwear for awhile (and had no issues) but this year my new competition suit is too big; therefore the legs slide around showing the undies.

I assume your daughter's suits fit correctly so Motionwear would probably work great for them!

*attempts to be discreet* I'm having trouble finding a good sports bra for competition! I'm a bit more made out than the average gymnast & I can't seem to find something that, um, "squashes & supports" for lack of a better word. GK bras aren't cutting it this year.

On another note: to anyone trying to find competition underwear, go to Victoria's Secret! I have the Cotton Lingerie bikini undies that only have strings on the side. No wedges or undies showing!

Ummm.....ok. Now I'm confused/concerned. Our coaches don't let the girls wear anything under their leotards (on the bottom half) and only if absolutely necessary up top. So yes, they are all commando! LoL

Is this unusual?

I've never worn anything for the bottom half lol, except when I was unlucky with the date of the meet :p. However, we never had any instructions as to what to wear for the top half (Might have something to do with the fact that I had a male coach). I started wearing a sport bra when I felt it more confortable.

Ummm.....ok. Now I'm confused/concerned. Our coaches don't let the girls wear anything under their leotards (on the bottom half) and only if absolutely necessary up top. So yes, they are all commando! LoL

Is this unusual?

In dds gym its almost a rite of passage to start wearing sports bras under their leos - like grips lol. 3/4 of the girls don't need them but they are more comfortable with them. A little more protection with the thin/skin tight leos. Dd is one of them. She wears one for practice but not for competition, though she said maybe she will start because it's less scratchy - she has a lot of seams on the front of her Leo due to the design.

I find it strange that the coach won't allow them to wear underwear, but not that they're commando. Most gymnasts are comando, but by the time I realized that I was too far gone to switch, lol!

My coaches will not say a word about undies, even if hot pink bra straps are sticking out of your shoulders! Just something general to everyone before comp season

Agreed, I think it depends what you are comfortable with.
I never wore undies when I was younger and now I do all the time.
I also wear the Justice string bikini's and am very disappointed them stopped making them. I'm 19 though and will fit in Victoria's Secret's smaller sizes, they just tend to be more expensive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back