Parents Completely released from the ortho!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mkwh

Proud Parent
YAY. You may recall my DD broke her wrist all the way through the growth plate 10 weeks ago doing a back beam series. 6 weeks in a cast. We went yesterday for a one month follow up. He had originally said he may want to follow her for a year b/c of it being a growth plate, but her xrays looked so great and she aced all of the range of motion tests he had her do. So he released us forever ( with a "call us if you need us"--yeah, I sure hope not again for at least a long long time)LOL!
So excited but first meet is in 3.5 weeks! She has been training these last four weeks but starting very slowly! Back to trying most things these last two weeks. She has regained a lot but not all skills and Im not sure what the quality is right now ;) She just scored out of 6 this summer and this will be her first ever optional meet! I'm not expecting great scores or places at this point, but just competing I will be super proud of! Hope she will be as proud of herself :)

It sounds like she is in a great place. I think just going out there will be great for her confidence, and that she will make great strides throughout the season! Please keep us posted on her progress !

I forgot to update this. First meet two weeks ago. Bars was still a struggle ( 6.3) and she cried, but pulled it together and I was really pleased with the rest ( I was fine with that too, but you know what I mean) . 8.875 vault, 8.825 beam and 8.925 floor. For the first meet of the season, first ever optional meet and coming off a big injury I was really proud of her! We have another one this coming weekend, hoping to maybe crack a 9 on something and to improve bars to at least a mid or high 7 ;)

Those are actually awesome scores considering how little time she had coming of an injury like that! I would be proud as punch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back