Conditioning Techniques!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wondering if you guys have any techniques for conditioning at home.

For example, one day I felt really motivated to do gymnastics but I couldn't do much with just a blue mat, so I did 50 of every strength I knew. Yes, 50. Push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, v-sits, handstand holds, plank holds, supermans, hollow bodies, etc. And you won't believe how much it helped me after doing it 2 days in a row!

After all that strength, I got my front handspring on floor, front walkover on floor, back walkover on low beam, handstand on high beam, and standing back handspring on trampoline, plus I was able to walk on my hands for a long time without falling over. My back walkover on floor, pullover, and back hip circle improved dramatically. I found it easier to do almost every single skill.

So, what are your techniques?

you are so right! I started doing strengthening stuff like that a while ago and everything just got so much easier. Another thing I do is doing jumps and walkovers and stuff like that on my backyard trampoline. With a trampoline it makes me feel so much more comfortable becasue if i fell or had a bad landing on anything it didnt hurt and I wasn't scared to try the scarier skills. And running has helped me become a lot stronger and better too! Wow I can't believe you started with 50 of EVERYTHING. That's awesome! keep it up! :)

This is how gymnast become amazing-- Work, Work, and WORK! No matter where you are at. :) (I do front walkovers in the road)
I do lots of flexibility.. Once I sat in all 3 sides of my splits for 10 minutes EACH!
I usually just do things like pikes, butterflies, over splits, straddles, bridges, and hollow holds when I watch tv.
Something my and my team did was make a "Gym Jar" put pieces of paper in it with things like.. V-sits, hollow holds, push ups, super mans, lunges, basically any strength thing written on a piece of paper in a jar.. Then get 3-4 dice to put in it.. What we would do was roll the dice, and say you roll a 3, 6, and 2.. So your number is 11, well MULTIPLY your number by 3, so now you have 33... Draw a paper out of your "Gym Jar" and do 33 of the exercise you drew out... Roll the dice, draw a new paper.. and Get strong!! Heheh :rolleyes: Its fun until you do end up with some thing like 136 v-sits... ;)

I also do pike ups on the "bar" in my closet (where your clothes hang) Its fun to make new goals, and see how many you can do!

Wow good job! Motivation can really take people far! I always thought there had to be way more repetitions and days of conditioning to really see results! So glad I was proven wrong! I'm definitely doing this now! Bars has always been my toughest event so hopefully I'll be able achieve some bar skills I really want to have, using this conditioning routine. One question: how many seconds did you hold the plank for at a time? Also are there any other exercises you added to this work out?
Keep up the good work! :cheerful:

Biggest thing is to be consistent if you want to keep seeing results.

As you get stronger you need to make it more difficult. this could be by doing a harder exercise or raising the repetitions or sets. Try and do your strength in sets aiming for a certain number of repetitions a certain number of times. every week or two you need to adjust numbers or exercises to make it slightly harder if you want to keep seeing good results. Also make sure you have a balanced workout and you aren't neglecting any parts of your body.

When you first start doing strength you get good results very quickly. But you will probably find that your gains in strength will begin to taper off and get smaller the longer you work out. Be aware of this but don't let it discourage you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back