correcting bent legs in straddle cast handstands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
This question is from my L7 daughter who wants to know how to correct her slightly bent legs in her straddle cast to handstand. She says she keeps trying and focusing on them but they are still bent. They bend as her hips rise to get into the straddle postion. Once she acheives the straddle they stay straight for the rest of the cast. Its just as she moves into the postion. Any advice?

as i stated in a previous post...go on the floor bar with a coach spotting a press handstand in the straddle position and done in slow motion. if they bend their knees in a swing cast, they most certainly will bend their knees in the slow motion drill. it is then that your daughter will 'feel' when it is exactly that she bends them. if you can't 'feel' where that is they won't 'feel' it when it's done from a swing cast.:)

I tape little straws on the back of the girls knees. If they bend their knees, it gives a slight poking sensation but in all honesty it's plastic and doesn't hurt really. I do tell them, that maybe I should use paperclips, nails in jest.

If they don't believe they are bending their knees, this will teach them.

However, they don't stay on very well. Learned from a MAG coach for boy's swinging pendulum swings.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back