could i make a club team? what usag level would i be?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

im 16 yrs old , on floor i do round of ff ff backs and round off ff layouts but there crappy layouts and very piked and a punch front through r/off ff
beam, spring board mount, cartwheel and roundoffs punch front dismount
vault half on /of
bar routine is kip cast kip bhc squat on lh kip cast kip bhc cast layout flyaway, ive been working n straddle backs but with mats

what level am i and would i have any chance of making a club team?

Probably around a level 5/6 depending on how well you can do the skills and how able you are to pick up a few additional skills (baby giant on bars, bwo on beam). However, I coach HS gym currently and the priorities are a lot different. USAG clubs often requiring much more fine tuning, developmental skills and progressions, and a higher level of skill mastery. It's quite possible, depending on your HS coaches, that you will need to refine some of your skills before being able to move up in club gymnastics.
Your best bet would be to contact some local clubs and see if they would be open to having you come in for an evaluation by their team coaches. They would be able to give you more specific information regarding your current skill set and what you would need to learn in order to earn a place on their team.
Club gymnastics can be a great experience and work wonders in terms of improving your skill set for the HS season, so I think it would definitely be worthwhile to look into it. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back