Daily Workout Stuff?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

Hey

So what is your daily training in the gym attire? I am asking because I am not sure what to wear! haha. This isn't the - closet full of stuff and 'nothing to wear' scenario, its that for the day to day training any advice!? I am thinking just shorts, I have been reading about compression shorts ( worth it , yay or nay and why ?) and a leo or tank top/sports bra? Thoughts?

Thanks

Well I usually wear a leo (from GK) and shorts. But GK is rather expensive, so you may want to find a different leo provider. That's my workout outfit.

Definitely buy a leo, pretty sure most places require it for girls especially ones on competitive team. Wear a sports bra under your leo. I wear shorts that are Capezio dance shorts (also a dancer) they're not spandex but I do have a pair that is. GK and other brands sell shorts on their websites. Nike Pros are also something I've seen lately.

If you were taking an adult/recreational class you could probably get away with a tank top and shorts but since you're trying to be competitive, leos are more appropriate. Some are expensive but they're pretty too!

Rising gymnast - you are awesome! Not saying other's arent but you have been helping me so much! Thanks! )

I have heard a lot of gymnasts like the Nike Pro's and I think i can get away with that AND a leo and all will be ok. But yeah, def YES on a sports bra fo sho! haha

The shorts I wear with my leo are Nikes, but they aren't the pro ones. I'm not sure what they are as they were a gift and I couldn't figure out which ones they are.

Right now I wear sports bras and shorts to practise, but a lot of gyms don't allowed them (we can wear them for certain months) if not I wear a Leo with shorts over top

I saw on another thread that you are over 23, and while I'm not in artistic I have been to a few adult sessions recently. I always train in a Leo for tramp, so I wore one to these sessions. This was not open gym, it was a fully coached adult class. I was THE ONLY person on a Leo, and it was kinda embarrassing because it meant that everyone thought I knew what I was doing, and really I had no idea! I'm perfectly comfortable on a tramp, but throw me at any of the artistic apparatus and I will just stare at you until you tell me what I'm supposed to do. And then I might fall on my face.

As a coach I would find it odd for an adult to turn up to a session having never done it before wearing a Leo.

For that reason I probably wouldn't advise wearing a Leo to your first practice. Ever heard the expression 'all the gear, no idea'? You want to avoid that. Perhaps the question you should be asking here is 'what did you wear to your very first gymnastics practice?' rather than asking what people generally wear, as most of the people on this forum have been in gymnastics for a long time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a Leo, it can be great fun, but I just wouldn't advise wearing it to your very first practice. I think a t shirt and shorts (bar shorts to match a Leo would be fine, or just soffee shorts or something) or sports bra and shorts would be fine.

I don't know too many adult classes that wear leotards. I'm not sure the type of programs they have in the USA, but if you get on a competitive team then I might spring for a leo, otherwise adult classes are pretty much recreational, people turn up in stuff that they would wear to yoga.

Leos aren't all that anyway. I compete and that's the only time I wear one.

I wear shorts from Forever 21. They are yoga shorts but instead of folding the top over, I fold it in so it won't get caught on the bar or beam :) they were like $5 :D

Now seeing that you are 23, you could just wear a tight fitting tank top and some bar shorts (or similar). At this point, I don't think you need a leo and they are quite expensive.

Usually a Leo, sometimes I wear spandex (I have a velvet pair and a few Nike pros), but sometimes just a Leo. When it gets hot a lot of people wear shorts and a sports bra.

You don't necessarily need a leo for your first time, but definitely a tight fitting tank, tight fitting spandex shorts (Nike Pro shorts & Lululemon shorts are my favourite) and a sports bra. Everything must be fairly form fitting so you don't get caught up in the equipment or when being spotted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back