Parents Days are long, years are short

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What a great idea! I cannot wait to see it. COngrats to you and her for getting this far!!

Reactions: sce
Senior year is so bittersweet! I am not looking forward to comp season with all the meets calling up the seniors to announce where they are going, what they are majoring in, etc. A reminder every every couple of weeks that it is almost over!

Senior year is so bittersweet! I am not looking forward to comp season with all the meets calling up the seniors to announce where they are going, what they are majoring in, etc. A reminder every every couple of weeks that it is almost over!
Is that a thing? I’ve only ever heard seniors mentioned at states. My DD is a senior and her gym doesn’t do anything to acknowledge that, and I am not expecting any meets to either.

Is that a thing? I’ve only ever heard seniors mentioned at states. My DD is a senior and her gym doesn’t do anything to acknowledge that, and I am not expecting any meets to either.
Every major meet we went to the past 2 seasons called up the seniors just before awards for the 9s and 10s sessions. Every one gave the girls something. Some gave flowers but others gave out sweatshirts and bags. It was really a neat gesture. I don't remember it previous to 2 years ago but it is possible we just weren't in the senior sessions.

Every major meet we went to the past 2 seasons called up the seniors just before awards for the 9s and 10s sessions. Every one gave the girls something. Some gave flowers but others gave out sweatshirts and bags. It was really a neat gesture. I don't remember it previous to 2 years ago but it is possible we just weren't in the senior sessions.
Actually that makes sense. I’m guessing the rewards of being a senior are reserved for the higher levels. Only lower level seniors would’ve been in our sessions.

At our District Meet, all the seniors are called up one at a time after March In (no matter what session they are in). Their coach gives a little speech and presents them with something. Then at Awards, they will announce where they will be going and what they will be studying and if they will be continuing gymnastics in college.
Then at Y Nationals, they have a whole Senior Banquet with a keynote speaker (seems like it is always the same keynote speaker as they have at Opening Ceremonies ... so last year, it was Nastia) and food and gifts and pictures. This year, we will actually have a senior at the banquet :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back