Gymnasts Do I have the skills for silver

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a 15 year old gymnast who recently was in a gym last year on xcel silver I took a break and lost my bar skills the only skill I can do now is a front hip circle on the bar without hips coming back up to the bar I have silver requirements on beam vault and floor but am nervous when I go to a new gym next week they’ll put me on bronze. Will I still be able to do silver without silver bars?

You could always scratch one event if you don't have the skills or can't do the event safely then add it back in when you are ready.

I am going to be very honest: at our gym, if we had a 15 year old come for an assessment and had skills between bronze and silver, we would not offer that athlete a spot on team. We would recommend our beginning high school class.

With that being said, I don't think you can compete bronze without a petition since you have already competed silver.

I am going to be very honest: at our gym, if we had a 15 year old come for an assessment and had skills between bronze and silver, we would not offer that athlete a spot on team. We would recommend our beginning high school class.

With that being said, I don't think you can compete bronze without a petition since you have already competed silver.
I haven’t competed silver I only trained silver at my gym you had a choice to compete or train I chose training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back