Do you think a 'No Dating' rule should apply to non-competitive gymnasts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That's absolutely ridiculous. It shouldn't be up to the coaches who you should date, that's like your teachers at school telling you you can't date so and so. Dating should be up to the parents. If you are in a relationship you should be mature, and that means mature enough to handle gym and a relationship.

Sounds like someone else on here (even the 30+ part). :D Good in theory (except the 30+ part). Not going to happen in our society.

I don't think making someone wait until they are in their 30's (I know it was a joke...)...or until college....before they are allowed to date is necessarily in their best interest. I've ran into a few college freshman who had never dated and were rather, er, "socially awkward" when it came to interacting with guys. Its a huge turn-off.

Just sayin...

I've known a handful of female gymnasts that didn't date in HS because they were too busy.

Then again, I'm pretty sure most of are optionals at one gym were allowed to date and these were girls in the gym 5-6x per week. I definitely know they were going to parties on the weekend because they weren't ninja enough to be silent about it.

I've never of a male gymnast not dating in HS unless of course there were other reasons he wasn't dating because of his lack of social skills, looks, or religious reasons. I can just imagine how well it would go over with a young 16yo male when his coach tells him he can't date.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back