WAG Downloading leotard patterns?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mama Duck

Proud Parent
Question for all you sewers ...
I have found a number of nice leotard patterns on Etsy that are downloadable as pdf's. I have never done this before and am wondering how tedious it is to print them out and piece the patterns together. If you have done this before I would appreciate any information/advice you can provide. Thanks much!

Super easy! Just print, do a little folding, match and tape along the lines. The first one I did I just cut the size I wanted out directly, but then I needed to print again when I needed another size. The second time around I traced the size I wanted on parchment paper and cut it from there.

It's really easy! I used to love Mountain Ash Designs on Etsy, if that's still available. And once you've made a few, you won't even need to buy patterns anymore, because you'll figure out how to make your own. I just made Elsa leos for my two girls. :)

Thanks for all the replies. I am happy to hear they are easy. The ones I found were from Tumble and Twirl. I will have to check out Mountain Ash too. I just ordered a bunch of Spandex on line and can't wait to get started.

Make sure to check out the leotard making group here if you haven't already! I'm not a huge fan of PDF patterns myself, but I know many are. With leos at least we aren't talking about 72 sheets of paper to tape together, lol!
I prefer Jalie patterns and even so, I venture away from them and redraft to fit my own purposes (or draft from scratch altogether).

I didn't realize there was a leotard making group but I was kindly sent an invite and I just joined. Looking forward to reading through the posts.

I am new to CB, so I didn't know there was a leo making group. Does anyone have a link? I love to make things for my girls. Thanks!

I am new to CB, so I didn't know there was a leo making group. Does anyone have a link? I love to make things for my girls. Thanks!
the groups are accessible by invitation but they are private and posters are therefore freeer with information / pictures than they are on the public forum. For that reason membership of that group is restricted to members with a proven posting history :)

the groups are accessible by invitation but they are private and posters are therefore freeer with information / pictures than they are on the public forum. For that reason membership of that group is restricted to members with a proven posting history :)

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe I'll get invited later on, after I've been here for awhile. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back