WAG elbow pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastca25

Proud Parent
9 year old dd was doing front tucks over a barrel last night. She said she fell and caught herself placing her hands on floor. She said her inner elbow hurts. She went on to do press handstands on the beam last night. She is complaining of more pain this morning and does not want to bear weight on her arms. Could it just be stiffness or should I take her for x-rays?

I would take her in. Could have hyper extended it or even something more serious. Always better to err on the side of caution.

You never know, she could also have torn something. My DD ended up with the " Tommy John" injury doing gymnastics. ( torn medial collateral elbow ligament)

Ortho and my daughter hyperextended her elbow vaulting last year and it turned out to be a fracture (and now it appears she also tore cartilage in the elbow--surgery for that is next week), so Go Now to make sure it's nothing serious!

9 year old dd was doing front tucks over a barrel last night. She said she fell and caught herself placing her hands on floor. She said her inner elbow hurts. She went on to do press handstands on the beam last night. She is complaining of more pain this morning and does not want to bear weight on her arms. Could it just be stiffness or should I take her for x-rays?

and WHY was a 9 year old doing fronts over a barrel? just plain stooooooooooooooopid.

and before someone comments...this is yet another "thing" that we've never done while producing level 10's and Elites. show me video of the Russians, Romanians, Chinese, Bulgarians, or the Ranch etc; doing something like this and then i'll be proven wrong.

My dd struggled with and recovered from a growth plate fracture in her elbow this fall/winter. After being back a few weeks, she fell and caught herself with her hand the same way you describe. It turned out to be a muscle strain and ligament sprain. Ice, Rest, Compression, and a great sports therapist (used ART technique) and she was good to go again in a week and a half. Good luck and wishes for a quick recovery

Make sure an ortho sees it. My dd fractured her elbow after we initially thought it was a sprain... Thank goodness we saw the ortho right away

I agree with ortho. We did see the ortho first and ruled out anything major. We work with PT and a Chiropractor that specializes in sports medicine. We have found that for her it is a must have for maintenance and recovery in general. (The ART really helps with recovery).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back